04-18-2014 08:38 PM
392 ... 141516
tools
    Ahh I understand. Things like this and a file manager are the little things that would be appreciated.
    Maybe there is hope after all. We are just reviewing the possibility of adding the ikev2 option to our current RAS-Server. And about the File Manager, "Windows Phone Explorer" by Bonga Software was released today, maybe this is of some use.
    04-17-2014 10:16 AM
    The 8.1 update makes WP very good as a consumer device, but it's issues like these, and also the attachment emailing deal, that make WP a very poor business tool.
    These problems exist identically on iOS. Does that make the iPhone a poor business tool? It's a rhetorical question, I know it sucks. It sucks so bad I've had to rely on an "antique WM6.5" device like Ickis99 to get work done. Do I still look pretty?
    04-17-2014 07:53 PM
    Biggest challenge for WP is excessive lockdown. MS is haunted by the historic openness and vulnerability of desktop windows and windows mobile, and have swung further to the other end of the security spectrum than iOS or Android. They are now overprotecting WP.

If developers are prevented from accessing core OS features then they can't make worthwhile apps, so they'll go to other platforms. This means all the important innovations have to be made by the small core OS team, which will take forever.

MS needs to recognise the priorities of most smartphone buyers. They want their needs met now, with little concern about the long term security or privacy implications. MS wants to avoid ending up in the headlines over security or privacy breaches, but being in the headlines less frequently than Google or Apple is good enough.
    anony_mouse and A895 like this.
    04-18-2014 04:19 AM
    Do I still look pretty?
    Strange question. Which one are you in your profile picture?
    04-18-2014 06:16 AM
    Strange question. Which one are you in your profile picture?
    Do you live outside the US? That was a jab at the Surface vs. iPad commercials from a few months ago.

BTW, I'm the old bald guy.
    04-18-2014 09:54 AM
    Do you live outside the US? That was a jab at the Surface vs. iPad commercials from a few months ago.

BTW, I'm the old bald guy.
    Then don't worry - you are still pretty. Actually it was a trick question. Everyone in the picture is pretty.
    04-18-2014 10:13 AM
    The notification action centre is going to drive in fans in droves...

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.
    04-18-2014 03:00 PM
    Then don't worry - you are still pretty. Actually it was a trick question. Everyone in the picture is pretty.
    That's very kind young man. Just don't let my wife know, she may want to go cougar-ing.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    04-18-2014 03:51 PM
    Do you realize that WP 8.1 is a beta version soon to be release, right? MS have all the time to get the 1-2% "gap" close.
    I'm pretty sure Android 4.4 still has a ****-ton more of features than iOS 7 which has a ****-ton more features than WP8.1. Sure MS closed the gap on iOS 7 to maybe 80%, but they better keep iterating faster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...rating_systems
    04-18-2014 03:58 PM
    Really dude? You stop using WP cause you didn't have a game? I would take you more seriously if you say you stop loving the phone cause the features but, for some games.....
    Despite the fact that I used to love WP I begin to slowly stop loving it.
    The lack of apps/games is really disturbing.
    (Clash of Clans, Quiz Up... FB are just some of the hot examples)
    Last edited by Jorge Holguin; 04-18-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    A895 likes this.
    04-18-2014 04:12 PM
    Really dude? You stop using WP cause you didn't have a game? I would take you more seriously if you say you stop loving the fun cause the features but, for some games.....
    You know one of the main reasons why a lot of people don't pick up windows phone is because of games and apps right? All the latest games and apps rarely come to WP and if they do they are paid when it is free on other platforms or comes at a later date. Him not getting WP because of games is a common sentiment and problem.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-18-2014 05:33 PM
    You know one of the main reasons why a lot of people don't pick up windows phone is because of games and apps right? All the latest games and apps rarely come to WP and if they do they are paid when it is free on other platforms or comes at a later date. Him not getting WP because of games is a common sentiment and problem.

Not buying a phone because it doesn't play games is like not buying a toaster because it doesn't brew coffee.
    Jorge Holguin likes this.
    04-18-2014 07:06 PM
    They were tired of bad low end choices - you can now get the Moto G for as little as $99 and up. It is 4.5" quad core, 1GB phone with 720P display with almost vanilla (stock) Android 4.4 with a few Moto extras. MS has been too slow to get here and Android is now a stable, fast and capable OS with over a Billion users. It's hard to see where the next 3-4% of market share (in the US at least) will come from.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    04-18-2014 07:54 PM
    Not buying a phone because it doesn't play games is like not buying a toaster because it doesn't brew coffee.
    Umm no, it's more like getting a 4 slice toaster rather than a 2 slice model.
    04-18-2014 07:59 PM

Those are short minded, I totally understand those that have say they don't move to WP because they had invested too much $ in music and can't transfer them . This is something that MS has to tackle just as Google recently did.
    04-18-2014 08:01 PM
    Well its the truth. I'm not a phone gamer at all but others feel differently. IMO if there ever is a game I want to play I'll be fine with something from the Windows Store. I have one game on my phone now and the last time I played it was about a week ago. I use my phone for productivity.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-18-2014 08:28 PM
    Umm no, it's more like getting a 4 slice toaster rather than a 2 slice model.
    Even the best 4-slice toaster only does bread, just more of it.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    04-18-2014 08:38 PM
392 ... 141516