04-18-2014 08:38 PM
392 1234 ...
tools
    I'm pretty sure Android 4.4 still has a ****-ton more of features than iOS 7 which has a ****-ton more features than WP8.1. Sure MS closed the gap on iOS 7 to maybe 80%, but they better keep iterating faster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...rating_systems
    Wow, did not know that much was missing in WP.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-03-2014 05:52 AM
    Wikipedia is not an entirely credible source and doesn't take 8.1 into account.
    04-03-2014 05:54 AM
    I'm pretty sure Android 4.4 still has a ****-ton more of features than iOS 7 which has a ****-ton more features than WP8.1. Sure MS closed the gap on iOS 7 to maybe 80%, but they better keep iterating faster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...rating_systems
    Notice how most of the things on WP8 would change to "yes" after 8.1?
    That list even makes me see how big an update 8.1 is
    Editguy1900 and Jorge Holguin like this.
    04-03-2014 05:58 AM
    Despite the fact that I used to love WP I begin to slowly stop loving it.
    The lack of apps/games is really disturbing.
    (Clash of Clans, Quiz Up... FB are just some of the hot examples)
    04-03-2014 06:00 AM
    id ignore that list as some/most of the "NO" had been addressed with 8.1 and until that list is updated to reflect this then ill ignore. Also, can you expand on the "wayyyyyy" behind ios and android statement as i don't see how its that far behind.

Thanks
    Not waaay behind but basic stuff like download from the native browser, no video out, USB OTG, picture info in gallery, text reflow in the browser, call log duration, no calendar/music/video/text message search, and a file manager. There's more in that link that was posted.

04-03-2014 06:00 AM
    Not waaay behind but basic stuff like download from the native browser, no video out, USB OTG, picture info in gallery, text reflow in the browser, call log duration, no calendar/music/video/text message search, and a file manager. There's more in that link that was posted.

Most of which are addressed by 8.1. More announcements would be made today and tomorrow. Wait till after Build to make your finial judgement
    04-03-2014 06:06 AM
    To me....WP8.1 performance is better than android and on par with ios..the only thing it still behind is the app n game in app store..
    Agree
    04-03-2014 06:17 AM
    Wikipedia is not an entirely credible source and doesn't take 8.1 into account.
    Yes that article doesn't take into account WP8.1, I'd expect it to be corrected in the next while. Updating information takes time. It was wrong that the person posting this didn't realise it.

However, Wikipedia is becoming a credible source of information, regardless of the bagging it takes from schools and universities still. It's a pretty robust source too.
    04-03-2014 06:17 AM
    @meddyrainzo actually none of this was added to 8.1 they wouldn't take multiple days for 100 new features considering WP7 mango had 300+ (allegedly) and was announced in one day.

04-03-2014 06:22 AM
    Yes that article doesn't take into account WP8.1, I'd expect it to be corrected in the next while. Updating information takes time. It was wrong that the person posting this didn't realise it.

However, Wikipedia is becoming a credible source of information, regardless of the bagging it takes from schools and universities still. It's a pretty robust source too.
    This. Because Wikipedia is so open its a lot more credible than other sources because anyone can edit, and find mistakes. Though schools and colleges don't want to hear that.

04-03-2014 06:24 AM
    LOL
    This thread is invaded by Droids and Applenians and they have no ideas of what they are talking about like anybody else.

04-03-2014 06:32 AM
    I think it's way far ahead.
    04-03-2014 06:32 AM

Sadly while that may be the wish of many it is still not true. Wikipedia is still highly inaccurate in many regards. It has improved somewhat, but not enough for me to recommend it as a source beyond reproach.

I've had to correct far too many articles even recently only to have my changes reverted shortly thereafter to the previously incorrect information.

I honestly hope the day comes when Wikipedia is a good source for accurate info but we are still not there yet. :(
    Editguy1900 likes this.
    04-03-2014 06:33 AM
    This. Because Wikipedia is so open its a lot more credible than other sources because anyone can edit, and find mistakes. Though schools and colleges don't want to hear that.

They don't want to hear it because it is true. When Wikipedia starts following a proper peer review process for additions and changes then maybe we can start thinking about taking it more seriously.
    Editguy1900 likes this.
    04-03-2014 06:35 AM
    They DID close the gap. Unfortunately others will still find excuses to hate WP8.1. By others I mean Android and iPhone users.

I especially love the themed lock screen idea. The diagonal one was sick!
    WP users find holes in it too. There are so many people that are upset with it but idk how they can expect everything to be perfect for them.
    A895 likes this.
    04-03-2014 06:37 AM
    WP users find holes in it too. There are so many people that are upset with it but idk how they can expect everything to be perfect for them.
    I just tell those folks to find something they like better to be honest. Why use something you don't like? It makes life miserable to do so.
    lcw731 likes this.
    04-03-2014 06:40 AM
    I think its better than Android and iOS in terms of the OS. However users from both the platforms who are rigid minded and not open to explore new stuff will always find an excuse. If we speak regarding apps, Android and iOS still have the upper hand as several developers yet have to port their apps to WP. But with the release of WP8.1, I'm sure the WP user base will increase resulting in minimizing the app gap too.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    04-03-2014 06:43 AM
    Thought on this guys? I think WP8.1 is closing the gap.
    with Nokia's apps and devices, it's much better than iOS and android, without Nokia's apps and devices, it's on par with them or maybe a little bit worse
    Last edited by Hoss98; 04-14-2014 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Misspell
    04-03-2014 06:46 AM
    Feature-wise it is. But Oh Lord Dave Blake forgive me for saying the most dreaded words in these nether realms of WPCentral community... "APPS!"
    04-03-2014 06:51 AM
    id ignore that list as some/most of the "NO" had been addressed with 8.1 and until that list is updated to reflect this then ill ignore. Also, can you expand on the "wayyyyyy" behind ios and android statement as i don't see how its that far behind.

Thanks
    Okay, I accept that the comparison is with WP8 & is not purely valid.But Android is way ahead of WP when it comes to little things throughout the OS.Just a few days back I used an Android 2.3 based phone and it seemed way more developed to me than WP. I don't know how you feel about Android, but what I felt throughout my usage was that this thing is way ahead of WP. Of course, the first feature which comes to my mind is that it supports file managers, but there are many other things about Android which make me feel that it is much more developed than WP.

For example, in WP, if I have to share a file via Bluetooth, I'll have to first go to settings, turn on Bluetooth,go back to the file I want to share & select Bluetooth from the share menu. Whereas, in Android(& even in feature phones),I'll select the file, choose the share option,select Bluetooth & I'm good to go. This reduces the no. of steps required & unnecessary wastage of time. Besides, it is much more convenient.
    NokiaBeast likes this.
    04-03-2014 07:07 AM
    Nd other thing is that u can root your android nd take backup of all your apps in sd card instead of the pains of reinstalling again with the help of WiFi.nd android does not have the problem of clearing temporary files or other storage which Is a thorn in wp8 leg.but it suffers in fluidity in low nd mid end range unlike wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    04-03-2014 07:19 AM
    Nd other thing is that u can root your android nd take backup of all your apps in sd card instead of the pains of reinstalling again with the help of WiFi.nd android does not have the problem of clearing temporary files or other storage which Is a thorn in wp8 leg.but it suffers in fluidity in low nd mid end range unlike wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    Almost all current instances of other storage being large is due to content inside apps. Things like podcasts, audio books, eBooks, UC Browser downloads, etc.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-03-2014 07:21 AM
    The OS itself is getting there, but they need to turn their attention to the bundled apps. They are generally bare bones and featureless. Not what you expect from Microsoft.
    04-03-2014 07:21 AM
    The OS itself is getting there, but they need to turn their attention to the bundled apps. They are generally bare bones and featureless. Some of them barely work at all.
    A lot of that was due to the locked down nature of the OS. It would appear WP8.1 is going to rectify this by opening the APIs up a bit.
    04-03-2014 07:24 AM
    Other storage needs a proper fix. Instead of putting all app data into one large category allow users to delete any data that might be too large.

prasath1234 likes this.
    04-03-2014 07:25 AM
392 1234 ...