Do you think WP8.1 is on par with IOS and ANDROID?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
They DID close the gap. Unfortunately others will still find excuses to hate WP8.1. By others I mean Android and iPhone users.

I especially love the themed lock screen idea. The diagonal one was sick!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
They have sort of helped themselves and sort of given away too much time to iOS and Android to suffocate and kill Cortana, a single best feature that makes WP8.1 superior, even before she sees the day light.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The gap has definitely been narrowed, if not completely closed. There will still need to be compelling reasons to switch though.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Well It would not still compel to make a switch from iOS,unless they opened up APIs to devs to allow better integration b/w apps and overall a better productive experience...i am not saying Apple is doing it,funnily,it is not doing it,this is the problem..So a closed ecosystem with wealth of features would really make wp standout from the rest..why didn't they take that route ? No os would come close to them if they did that and i really hope that they do it eventually....

BTW on objective basis it has almost narrowed the gap except that app gap...But WP should do better because it can..it has loads of potential...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Well It would not still compel to make a switch from iOS,unless they opened up APIs to devs to allow better integration b/w apps and overall a better productive experience...i am not saying Apple is doing it,funnily,it is not doing it,this is the problem..So a closed ecosystem with wealth of features would really make wp standout from the rest..why didn't they take that route ? No os would come close to them if they did that and i really hope that they do it eventually....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just stated what WP is....

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think in many respects, WP8.1 is superior.
It will now be down to developers to port their Apps/Games to ALL ecosystems and let the consumer decide.
I really like what MS has done and don't see why WP8.1 it shouldn't be a success.
I especially look forward to getting the new Lumia 930.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
App selection is still kinda a problem, especially regional stuff. Other than this, it's just a matter of personal preference, and iSheeps and fandroids will still be naysayers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Depends what you mean. Features or apps? From a features perspective it will be pretty much on par once the rest of the world has access to all the functions. I won't go on about the US centric view that MS has.

From an apps perspective we're way behind. There's been several articles out stating that more an more people are going app centric over mobile web. So we have some hill climbing to do still.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb