Do you think WP8.1 is on par with IOS and ANDROID?

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
"Do you think WP8.1 is on par with IOS and ANDROID?"

We don't know that yet. They said that WP8.1 have 100 more features and we haven't seen an official the feature list yet.
100 more features is way more than the feature lists we know so fare.

:smile:

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After seeing this comparison, I can make out that WP is far from being at par with Android & iOS. It's considerably behind iOS & wayyyy behind Android.

id ignore that list as some/most of the "NO" had been addressed with 8.1 and until that list is updated to reflect this then ill ignore. Also, can you expand on the "wayyyyyy" behind ios and android statement as i don't see how its that far behind.

Thanks

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
As a core OS? Yes.

It all comes down to how well the existing and new apps work with the system. Any OS can have millions of apps. Having apps integrating properly and providing a good user experience is a completely different matter altogether.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Despite the fact that I used to love WP I begin to slowly stop loving it.
The lack of apps/games is really disturbing.
(Clash of Clans, Quiz Up... FB are just some of the hot examples)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
id ignore that list as some/most of the "NO" had been addressed with 8.1 and until that list is updated to reflect this then ill ignore. Also, can you expand on the "wayyyyyy" behind ios and android statement as i don't see how its that far behind.

Thanks

Not waaay behind but basic stuff like download from the native browser, no video out, USB OTG, picture info in gallery, text reflow in the browser, call log duration, no calendar/music/video/text message search, and a file manager. There's more in that link that was posted.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Not waaay behind but basic stuff like download from the native browser, no video out, USB OTG, picture info in gallery, text reflow in the browser, call log duration, no calendar/music/video/text message search, and a file manager. There's more in that link that was posted.

Most of which are addressed by 8.1. More announcements would be made today and tomorrow. Wait till after Build to make your finial judgement

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Wikipedia is not an entirely credible source and doesn't take 8.1 into account.

Yes that article doesn't take into account WP8.1, I'd expect it to be corrected in the next while. Updating information takes time. It was wrong that the person posting this didn't realise it.

However, Wikipedia is becoming a credible source of information, regardless of the bagging it takes from schools and universities still. It's a pretty robust source too.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
@meddyrainzo actually none of this was added to 8.1 they wouldn't take multiple days for 100 new features considering WP7 mango had 300+ (allegedly) and was announced in one day.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes that article doesn't take into account WP8.1, I'd expect it to be corrected in the next while. Updating information takes time. It was wrong that the person posting this didn't realise it.

However, Wikipedia is becoming a credible source of information, regardless of the bagging it takes from schools and universities still. It's a pretty robust source too.

This. Because Wikipedia is so open its a lot more credible than other sources because anyone can edit, and find mistakes. Though schools and colleges don't want to hear that.

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
LOL
This thread is invaded by Droids and Applenians and they have no ideas of what they are talking about like anybody else.

:smile:

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Sadly while that may be the wish of many it is still not true. Wikipedia is still highly inaccurate in many regards. It has improved somewhat, but not enough for me to recommend it as a source beyond reproach.

I've had to correct far too many articles even recently only to have my changes reverted shortly thereafter to the previously incorrect information.

I honestly hope the day comes when Wikipedia is a good source for accurate info but we are still not there yet. :(

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
This. Because Wikipedia is so open its a lot more credible than other sources because anyone can edit, and find mistakes. Though schools and colleges don't want to hear that.

They don't want to hear it because it is true. When Wikipedia starts following a proper peer review process for additions and changes then maybe we can start thinking about taking it more seriously.

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
They DID close the gap. Unfortunately others will still find excuses to hate WP8.1. By others I mean Android and iPhone users.

I especially love the themed lock screen idea. The diagonal one was sick!

WP users find holes in it too. There are so many people that are upset with it but idk how they can expect everything to be perfect for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786