Do you think WP8.1 is on par with IOS and ANDROID?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I suppose u Do not suffer this problem that's why you are generalizing it.my temporary files have galloped to 828 MB nd other storage has 600MB. Nothing is deleting the temporary files in Nokia storage app nd my last option is hard reset nd install each nd every app via WIFI.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

You are correct. I don't have this issue, because I know how to track the content I download and consume in my apps. I can literally make this balloon up to a large size and drop it down to nearly 0 because I know how it works.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No body is safe from nsa even if u log onto internet.if u want privacy then don't touch internet.Ian getting fed up of ardent fans telling android is insecure.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You are correct. I don't have this issue, because I know how to track the content I download and consume in my apps. I can literally make this balloon up to a large size and drop it down to nearly 0 because I know how it works.

Then great. Wish u happy luck with your trick.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Android vulnerabilities is such an old non story, that always comes up when it does not matter.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Alright I'm exiting the discussion of else are going to just start dealing with fiction.

I own multiple devices with Android myself and know the truth of the situation. I can infect the device even with software on the Play store.

I can't even find a working proof of concept exploit for Windows Phone, and believe me I've tried.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Coming back to the subject of this post, I wouldn't say it's ahead or behing ios or android. They're just different :
  • ios : reserved for the ignorant ones. I used to have a iPhone myself, do not agress me. My point is that iPhone are useful for those people who doesn't want to spend 3 days configuring their phones. They want to phone, surf on the internet, play some games their friends play, use whatsapp and they're happy with that
  • android : the exact opposite of ios. Android fans like to feel they can do everything with their phone. To use a unappropriate Apple slogan : You want to do that? There's an app for it. That's especially true for android as the os is very very open. You can almost do everything with an app.
  • wp8.1 : I think it's the perfect mix, and that's why I love it. I like the way it's smooth like ios. Never a lag, never a bug. I also like the new features coming with wp8.1. Skype integration is way better than facetime (crossplatformly). Facebook integration is (was?) awesome. I like the new Action Center. I like the way we can personnalize the lockscreen and start screen. I enjoy the quality of the fotos. I appreciate OneDrive integration.

the only thing that could make me go back to Android (never Apple anymore) is the lack of apps. But I am 100% confident that with the new wp8.1, developers will start making more and more apps for wp. This is the key for it to overtake ios in terms of market shares.

Finaly, I must say I was disapointed that there was no new phones annouced for Christmas. But this is clever in fact. At this time, the only information tech sites have to report is cming from BUILD. Samsung already annouced their GS5, Apple has nothing to show. Have you noticed how tech sites speak about WP8.1? They don't do it negatively anymore. Almost all of those websites say MS has close the gap.
And with the new phones annouced by Nokia, and the ones that will be annouced in the coming weeks, I am sure that WP8.1 will be a huge succcess!!!

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
A lot of Apple users I see are in a stagnant position and are contemplating on whether they should switch to a different phone or not. I think 8.1 will push a lot of these people towards it. However, most Android users I see are diehard Bruce Willis fanboys and they will find any excuse to make WP sound like its a primitive device.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Then great. Wish u happy luck with your trick.

There's no trick. It is called paying attention to what I download and removing it from the app where it is stored. Anyone who pays attention to what they do can do it.

Alas hand holding is more popular than actually being responsible these days.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No body is safe from nsa even if u log onto internet.if u want privacy then don't touch internet.Ian getting fed up of ardent fans telling android is insecure.

Way to try to change the point of what I was saying by bringing up the NSA. I wasn't even talking about that...but please do continue pretending that it was a relevant reply. :)

I imagine your head would explode if you saw all the non MS equipment I own and an list of all the Android devices I currently own and have owned in the past as well.

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
A lot of Apple users I see are in a stagnant position and are contemplating on whether they should switch to a different phone or not. I think 8.1 will push a lot of these people towards it. However, most Android users I see are diehard Bruce Willis fanboys and they will find any excuse to make WP sound like its a primitive device.

I tried Android and just couldn't like it. There are a lot of great things about it, but a lot of not so great things too. I don't need my phone to do everything. I have my laptop for that. I am an iPhone user who is on the fence. I just want to see if my minor annoyances have been fixed. And I'd kind of like some nicer hardware. Lumias are great, but I really, really want something sleeker and with a smaller screen. I know I'm in the minority wanting a smaller screen, but it's a definite preference of mine. And if I still can't hide what my texts say in notifications after all that emphasis they placed on business users yesterday, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, Windows Phone 8.1 is better than iOS and Android regardless of the inexistent app gap. With Cortana the truly beautiful personal digital assistant, Windows Phone 8.1 is better than iOS and Android in every way possible.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, Windows Phone 8.1 is better than iOS and Android regardless of the inexistent app gap. With Cortana the truly beautiful personal digital assistant, Windows Phone 8.1 is better than iOS and Android in every way possible.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Nonexistent app gap? As much as I wish this was true, it's definitely not. The games on Windows Phones are way, WAY behind. Not that I care about them, but a lot of people do. You can't even get Clash of Clans or Candy Crush on Windows Phone, which are the two highest grossing apps in the iOS app store. Apps also tend to get made and then neglected. Spotify, for instance, has been an issue for a long while. I know it's getting an update soon, but so help me god if it's the old iOS interface.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I think it almost did close the gap. But the thing is that it took them alot of time to do that and everyone is settling for that "best" OS they have in mind. I think daily consumers will find it hard to switch because humans are too lazy to adapt to this new operating system with all the "boxy" tiles on the screen and not grid for apps.
Btw guys im in love with WP 8.1 , please don't think that im here to criticize it, im just saying what android and iOS users think because im surrounded by them ... ALOT of them.
I mean the only reason I placed my bets on WP is that I really like to try new things and since Symbian(my old OS) was dead, I refused to give up into the android and iOS world and rock the WP phone in my pocket.
I really think WP has a bright future but good luck attracting customers from other OSes to "switch" its easier to target the new generations before they are infected with the apple and android viruses

Ivin Laney

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Alright I'm exiting the discussion of else are going to just start dealing with fiction.

I own multiple devices with Android myself and know the truth of the situation. I can infect the device even with software on the Play store.

I can't even find a working proof of concept exploit for Windows Phone, and believe me I've tried.

I'd like to know which app on the play store can infect a device? I'm curious to know as it can be reported to Google and removed.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know which app on the play store can infect a device? I'm curious to know as it can be reported to Google and removed.
There are several. I will admit that Google is good about removing them once reported, but new ones take their place.

That wasn't my main point however. The point I was making was primarily about the security models on WP vs Android.

Part of what makes WP so secure is the lack of direct read/write access to the main file system. That's just a fact.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
There are several. I will admit that Google is good about removing them once reported, but new ones take their place.

That wasn't my main point however. The point I was making was primarily about the security models on WP vs Android.

Part of what makes WP so secure is the lack of direct read/write access to the main file system. That's just a fact.

This,I testify it xD

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
As an OS it is absolutely on par, but the app gap is a pretty big problem. The lack of Google support and apps is also a big problem. I know that a lot of people who come to this site do not like Google services and apps, but most people out in the world do like Google services and apps. I switch back and forth between a Lumia 920 and a Nexus 5. If Google apps and Services had better support on WP I would have no reason to do that. Also, a lot of the Apps on WP still lack a lot of features of their siblings on iOS and Android. I have assumed that the apps would catch up in functionality faster than they have due to the quality of Microsoft's developer tools (they are the best), but so far I have assumed incorrectly.

Last edited:

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hard to tell so far... All the videos are people talking about the features instead of showing them actually being used.

There was a lot of focus on cortana and the swipe like keyboard , but those are available and mature on iOS/android.

I'm waiting for the releases to be reviewed, on video.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a tradeoff. WP is secure because of that, but it's also crippled because of that.

Security is not a problem for the vast majority of Android users, and those that do have problems probably knowingly did things that caused it.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Security is not a problem for the vast majority of Android users, and those that do have problems probably knowingly did things that caused it.

If you take that statement and reverse it completely then you have the real situation.

I mean who would seriously seek out to intentionally harm their own device?

Also a non-secure file system is a problem for everybody...also another fact.

What sort of logic are they teaching in school these days? This is like the Pig Latin version of logic...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99