Do you think WP8.1 is on par with IOS and ANDROID?

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Mate u are far more expecting
This is a growing OS, not a completely grwn OS
It still need tweaks and touches, but for a start it has finally caught up with the competition
And when u say android has more features than iOS..u r wrng

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Mate u are far more expecting
This is a growing OS, not a completely grwn OS
It still need tweaks and touches, but for a start it has finally caught up with the competition
And when u say android has more features than iOS..u r wrng

Android does have more features than iOS.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. I can agree with that too. Android is far more open and extensible than iOS or even WP by design.

I hope at some point WP can be as well, but as it stands I prefer the slightly less extensible design with more security inherent in that design than the open nature of Android.

Although I will say I love playing with CM on various devices. :)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't buy the notion that a lot of iOS users are bored and waiting to jump to something else. I think they're perfectly happy as clams in the iOS ecosystem. I honestly don't know what Microsoft can do to attract new customers away from iOS/Android. I think it's pretty much doomed to < 5% marketshare.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Most of the features in android are nt at all useful, we dnt even know wht is their functionality
But iOS only gives us features which we may use and will use...not useless features
And moreover, iOS provides us with a trust, loyalty...its nt lyk android.
And furthermore, if iOS had not been invented there would not have been any other OS....with such advanced feature, it was iOS which gave us all the basic features and provided other companies with the concept of such features
So basically other companies are jst doing wht iOS has taught them..

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy the notion that a lot of iOS users are bored and waiting to jump to something else. I think they're perfectly happy as clams in the iOS ecosystem. I honestly don't know what Microsoft can do to attract new customers away from iOS/Android. I think it's pretty much doomed to < 5% marketshare.

You do know that there are actually markets where the Windows Phone market share has now exceeded iOS right? If I'm not mistaken Italy is one of them. I'd have to look at the charts again as there are more.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Most of the features in android are nt at all useful, we dnt even know wht is their functionality
But iOS only gives us features which we may use and will use...not useless features
And moreover, iOS provides us with a trust, loyalty...its nt lyk android.
And furthermore, if iOS had not been invented there would not have been any other OS....with such advanced feature, it was iOS which gave us all the basic features and provided other companies with the concept of such features
So basically other companies are jst doing wht iOS has taught them..

I don't even....

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I would say yes IF they had File Explorer, how come we can't pick up files in email or Whatsapp or save them in Whatsapp (like videos, or music, etc) ... so to me, they're still not there YET

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I would say yes IF they had File Explorer, how come we can't pick up files in email or Whatsapp or save them in Whatsapp (like videos, or music, etc) ... so to me, they're still not there YET

I wanted them to announce a file manager too.

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Then how come that WP has past by IOS on many markets?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with everyone. Hopefully, the 'Apps" excuse diminish.

I think, for purposes of growing the user base, it's always been about the apps. What MS does on the development side is IMO more important than what they do in the OS feature side. Yes, people want all the improvements that WP8.1 brings, but I think few people rejected a purchase because there weren't toggles for WiFi. I do think LOTS of people rejected a purchase because the WP logo was never anywhere to be seen in corporate advertisements on TV, newspapers, Internet etc.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You do know that there are actually markets where the Windows Phone market share has now exceeded iOS right? If I'm not mistaken Italy is one of them. I'd have to look at the charts again as there are more.

I'd imagine those are markets that had low smartphone penetration, and WP takes a larger share of people that go from feature phones to smartphones, due to price sensitivity. It seems that these are markets where people often pay non-subsidized price for smartphones, which make low cost offerings such as the Lumia 5x and 6x series attractive.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I agree, if you talk about iOS. I think those who have bought iPhones are pretty happy - it's a high quality product. But I think WP can take users that are currently with low-end or midrange Android phones.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

I don?t think Windows Phone will make any in roads in the high end world. People using those devices are already set in their habits,have already bought tons of content and most likely won?t be changing platforms, being Android or IOS. But they can do a lot of damage in the mid to low end and with people buying their first phone. Google is also interested in that market the so called next billion. Apple doesn?t seem to be too interested.

WP has a lot of future still, here in Mexico I see them quite often now, 520s, 820 etc.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Although, it's my favorite OS, it's still behind Android and IOS in many ways. Weather we want to admit or not, it's a fact that we are getting some basic functionality way too slow. BUT!!! I also beleive that WP is ahead in terms if quality and safety and speed of OS and that it takes time to grow up. Better slower but better, then faster and Android alike. :)
I'll stick with WP and I beleive that in 5 years it could become 2nd OS out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos