So there are NO new handsets coming to the U.S. to debut WP 8.1

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm not really sure what they're thinking. But since I believe Windows Phone is very strong overseas it's possible they've just decided to apply more focus to where their market lies. Although that seems counter-intuitive to the fact that Cortana is starting out US only.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I am completely lost too. I convinced my wife to wait for today's event in hopes that a new device would be announced for AT&T, but alas...

Azizelh

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, i freaking hate Nokia right now. They're almost driving Windows Phone to failure on purpose right now. No Flagship device for Windows Phone 8.1?? No Flagship device for At&t or T-Mobile at all anyway. All they came up with is the Icon.
We're not asking for much, a freaking Icon that works for At&t and T-Mobile, that's why the 930.brought hope with it. The 1520 is a niche product, how the hell are they expecting their sales to go up with no offering for WP8.1... I'm pissed

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, i freaking hate Nokia right now. They're almost driving Windows Phone to failure on purpose right now. No Flagship device for Windows Phone 8.1?? No Flagship device for At&t or T-Mobile at all anyway. All they came up with is the Icon.
We're not asking for much, a freaking Icon that works for At&t and T-Mobile, that's why the 930.brought hope with it. The 1520 is a niche product, how the hell are they expecting their sales to go up with no offering for WP8.1... I'm pissed

Ya, they seem to be relying on the 1520 way too much. It is a HUGE phone. I was hoping there would be a good flagship device launch for my mom to get when she switches to my ATT account. So looks like she'll get a 1020 like I have, certainly a good phone though.

And ATT needs to quit this wireless charging battle, its bull**** to deprive users unnecessarily.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I hope we see the Nokia Monarch come soon! If no new high-end Windows Phone's come out by September, I'll just have to get an iPhone 6! :/

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The high end phones might come at the end of the more Lumia event today or at the rumored April 19th event that evleaks hinted at a while ago. I'm waiting for the 1820 or a phone with it's specs. AT&T has to get the real WP8.1 flagship device because they are the largest U.S. GSM carrier and the rest of the world is GSM. Some people have been saying that T-Mobile will get the flagship, but I doubt it. They have next to no coverage.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I was really hoping for some new choices here in the U.S. so im quite disappointed. I'm on T-Mobile with a 521 and wanted a flagship device to move up to.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Really....... the US gets all the new releases and the rest of the world waits (yes there is a world outside the US)
so at long last the European population & the European Nokia users finally get a new handset first. i might just add that as im in Australasia we get anything new just about the time you all get the next new thing, so dont feel to hard done by.

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

switch carriers.

Azizelh

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
The problem is LTE does not work on AT&T if you buy an off-contract Verizon or an International version of the phone. Plus, not everybody is willing to pay $599 for it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought the 930 would be the next flagship I would have on AT&T. I like the icon but it's a Verizon phone albeit unlocked. I guess I'll be in a holding pattern for as long as I can.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They release US exclusives, everyone cries about marketing
They relase for Europe etc first now, everyone cries about marketing

Can't please some people.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Really....... the US gets all the new releases and the rest of the world waits (yes there is a world outside the US)
so at long last the European population & the European Nokia users finally get a new handset first. i might just add that as im in Australasia we get anything new just about the time you all get the next new thing, so dont feel to hard done by.

Europe didn't get anything new first. The 930 is the Lumia Icon. Nokia didn't announce anything new today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo