Email Attachments - 8.1 Answer Needed

Anthony Lowry

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting for this one simple feature.

Have they included the ability to save an attachment so I can attach it to another email? Without a billion other steps or side application help?

This, for me is the main reason I had to keep an Android phone for my daily driver.

Please tell me they added this feature.

Thanks.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting for this one simple feature.

Have they included the ability to save an attachment so I can attach it to another email? Without a billion other steps or side application help?

This, for me is the main reason I had to keep an Android phone for my daily driver.

Please tell me they added this feature.

Thanks.

Short answer, no. The only thing you can save is photos.

Anthony Lowry

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You have to be kidding me! That really makes me sad.

Microsoft, will we ever be able to use our phones in a quick professional setting?

Sigh... I hate iOS for more than one reason. However, this is the same crap with Apples OS too.

Android/Google are Scroogling me, but MS is forcing my hand.

I REALLY want to carry a MS phone.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You have to be kidding me! That really makes me sad.

Microsoft, will we ever be able to use our phones in a quick professional setting?

Sigh... I hate iOS for more than one reason. However, this is the same crap with Apples OS too.

Android/Google are Scroogling me, but MS is forcing my hand.

I REALLY want to carry a MS phone.

Just some clarification. In WP8.1 if you press and hold an attachment you will see a context menu with the save button. The only thing is that the save button is grayed out unless it is a photo. So I guess the ability to save photo is an improvement right?

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just some clarification. In WP8.1 if you press and hold an attachment you will see a context menu with the save button. The only thing is that the save button is grayed out unless it is a photo. So I guess the ability to save photo is an improvement right?
how about attachments ? Can i attach a document via email (without opening OneDrive) ?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm hoping that the emulator just doesn't have what the final email app will be, but I don't know how realistic that is. Email attachments and Outlook.com aliases are really needed for me.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that the emulator just doesn't have what the final email app will be, but I don't know how realistic that is. Email attachments and Outlook.com aliases are really needed for me.

it is possible since some other features seem to be missing from the Emulator that were shown in other leaked videos and confirmed by top leakers and their "sources".. we will see for sure soon though.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
it is possible since some other features seem to be missing from the Emulator that were shown in other leaked videos and confirmed by top leakers and their "sources".. we will see for sure soon though.

True, but the stuff in leaks can also be removed for a future update if it's not completed in time, too.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
That's dumb, you'd think a Microsoft Windows Phone should allow Microsoft Office 365/Sharepoint/OneDrive interaction with the native email client.

KoreyTM

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
You think they'd have implemented something as essential as proper email attachment management by now. I, too, was really hoping for this in 8.1. Seems that Android and BB10 remain the best at this functionality. Too bad.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You can send any file through email with pocket file manager. I send pdf joeg and even mp3s through email all the time. You cam even (receive) save PDF attachments in an email with pocket file manager. Just choose it to open attachment and it auto saves to root document folder then you can move it around from there.

KoreyTM

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
You can send any file through email with pocket file manager. I send pdf joeg and even mp3s through email all the time. You cam even (receive) save PDF attachments in an email with pocket file manager. Just choose it to open attachment and it auto saves to root document folder then you can move it around from there.

If what you say is true, then I'd hug you if it weren't for this damn monitor getting in my way. I will try Pocket File Manager ASAP! Thanks for the heads up!

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have to say I am highly disappointed Windows Phone 8.1 still lacks of such a very basic feature.
Just yesterday I had to do some office work with just my phone available. Sending a mail with two photos, one PDF and one word document. I was frustrated by finding out the mail client only attaches photos. I tried office hub which works - but,only one document at a time. I used the rather new file manager released by Microsoft which then at least allows me to select multiple files within the same folder and attach them.

The next task was actually to receive an attached PDF, copy it via USB to a desktop computer and,print it. I honestly ended ended up not being able to do that. I viewed the PDF earlier on my phone with Adobe Reader, just to find out the file isn't stored anywhere where I could access it. I also wasn't able to save it afterwards.

In the end I actually used my BlackBerry where it was a one minute job before the first pages got out the printer. For me "little" things like this matters when it comes to usability. When I did a quick research yesterday I was surprised to see complains about such problems date back to 2010. Four years later and many OS updates later this still exists. Even though MS actually tries to aim their devices at businesses, I am wondering what kind of business wants phones without proper mail attachments.

After all thank you for the tip with Pocket File Manager, it actually worked. While this is nice, it still is no excuse or whatever for Microsoft to lean back and do nothing. Yesterday I was soooo close of just popping out my main SIM off my 1020 and put it back to my BlackBerry. Less apps, less entertaining OS but in terms of multitasking and efficiency it almost runs circles around the Lumia which is crippled,by weird MS design decisions.

mdefran65

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Calm Down there is great app in the store called simply folders, try it out. that really great features that allow you to create attachments as well as many other great functions. Windows Phone is a developer friendly OS with lots of room to make great apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786