Live tiles background IS the new colors FFS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Why won't people stop complaing about the background pictures and not having custom colours and instead create a solid colour picture of their liking and set that as their background? Blows my mind :straight:

EDIT: Truth is everywhere else it's just the 20 colours though..

Last edited:

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You guys are ridiculous. ******** for no reason. Microsoft impressed no doubt about it. Biggest update out of the 3 OSs

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
All the trouble of 30 seconds to make a single color image in paint and then copying it over...and that's doing it the hard way.

So you're telling me to do a crappy workaround for something that could very well be in the system in the first place. That's the problem with this OS. In every iteration there seems to be a need to do workarounds for some specific stuff to work. And you all are ok with it. But I'm not.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So you're telling me to do a crappy workaround for something that could very well be in the system in the first place. That's the problem with this OS. In every iteration there seems to be a need to do workarounds for some specific stuff to work. And you all are ok with it. But I'm not.

Then buy a product that better fits your needs and move on.

I don't see the need for drama over this. I don't feel the need to announce when I change underwear brands due to the last pair not suiting my tastes or wants. I just do it and go on with my day. If I do feel the need to mention something it will be to Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, not to people who can't do anything about it.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
its a simple work if microsoft want to add in extra accent colors into the code, but to incorporate specific color into the whole device experience is a challenge. giving the average end user a color picker will only create further inconsistency if the end user choses a color that might not work properly in some areas of the phone's operation. i use to skin wm6.5 titanium and getting a single color which is not supported to work across the phone is a real hassle. i guess the windows phone team is going with "if it aint broke, dont fix it". im fine with the current color selection anyways. kinda gay ******** about colors.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Then buy a product that better fits your needs and move on.

Yes, god forbid someone complains about something they don't like, right? Or worse still, manifest opinions... Just stfu and keep spending money. That's a good answer right there.

I don't see the need for drama over this. I don't feel the need to announce when I change underwear brands due to the last pair not suiting my tastes or wants. I just do it and go on with my day. If I do feel the need to mention something it will be to Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, not to people who can't do anything about it.

And yet, no one can do anything about the moaning that the OP referred to as well. Didn't see you complaining at him...

He stated his opinion. I gave mine in return. We were both in our rights, no drama whatsoever. The fact that my opinion diverges from his doesn't mean there's a "drama".

And don't act high and mighty bud. Doing that on the internet is even worse than doing it IRL and gets you nowhere in both.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Whatever. :)

I'm not the one sticking with a product that I'm not happy with.

I don't like something I sell it and move on. I'm not a rich person either.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I think a color slider wouldn't be too hard for them to implement, though I know they probably are trying to keep people from messing with their color settings too much since the color theme goes across the OS for everything from texts and button backgrounds.. I could very well see someone setting theme to black, color to black and then blaming MS for it. However I feel that would be the minority and could probably be avoided.

That being said, I was opposed to the skinned tiles at first but, I think some of them look kind of cool. I'll have to mess around with it some more when I get it on my device and I can see it over all my apps since you can't install apps on the emulator.

Bruno Arphenia1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry but I find it arrogant opnion, Microsoft is not so well on the mobiles market to stay if closing the details that conquer more consumers. And this view is that still lingers their turn in the world of smartphones, in my opinion if she had heard before your users might have been much further.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This made me laugh so hard lololol, i can basically have any type of colour, texture and look as my background for my tiles yet people are moaning over Microsoft not just added more colours lol this is just plain stupid, save a few cool pictures, colours etc and boom your sorted! Problem not solved but improved!

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This made me laugh so hard lololol, i can basically have any type of colour, texture and look as my background for my tiles yet people are moaning over Microsoft not just added more colours lol this is just plain stupid, save a few cool pictures, colours etc and boom your sorted! Problem not solved but improved!

Don't forget that color scheme goes through the OS in text and buttons for Apps.. those colors can't be changed. Though I also think not everyone remembers that when they are saying that they don't have enough color options and are mostly talking about the live tiles.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that color scheme goes through the OS in text and buttons for Apps.. those colors can't be changed. Though I also think not everyone remembers that when they are saying that they don't have enough color options and are mostly talking about the live tiles.

You're right, I previously edited the OP.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not confusing anything. You clearly stated that every update requires crappy workarounds for multiple things and that you're tired of it.

Did I misunderstand that?

Yes you did.

I never mentioned being tired of anything. What I think is that it's wrong for most people on here to think or say that it's OK to live with those workarounds or worse still saying something in the likes of "don't like it, get rid of it and spend money on something else" or "oh well". I just happen to think otherwise. Given that I haven't had most of the problems that required said workarounds, I can't say that I'm tired of anything. Still... I think it's wrong to need those workarounds, specially considering that most of them are simple stuff, like the matter at hand, and that could be easily solved by MS.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
if the wp team assigned a smaller team to work on new colors, we might get new colors, plot twist - 4 new colors added but you don't like it. you are still going to complain. moral of the story - you cant please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)