Live tiles background IS the new colors FFS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I find it weird that some people have seemed to quickly gone to super ****** mode. Yes, people will complain if there's something they don't like. No, they shouldn't be shut down simply because you disagree with their opinion. This "you will take what you're given, like everything about it, or move to something else" mentality is the type of thing I don't like about a good portion of the people at Macrumors.

Don't ruin this place for me too.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
A ****** wouldn't recommend that people use what works best for them. A ****** would blindly defend the platform.

I'll also thank you to never call me a name again...and no I don't care how you justify it.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So you're telling me to do a crappy workaround for something that could very well be in the system in the first place. That's the problem with this OS. In every iteration there seems to be a need to do workarounds for some specific stuff to work. And you all are ok with it. But I'm not.

waaaaah. Bing image search any color, save it, and SET IT AS THE BACKGROUND!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So you're telling me to do a crappy workaround for something that could very well be in the system in the first place. That's the problem with this OS. In every iteration there seems to be a need to do workarounds for some specific stuff to work. And you all are ok with it. But I'm not.
I don't know why I'm reminded of:

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Why can't we just be happy! we have received additional option for our start screen!

your rants about the BG will not change anything.. for now. it mighy work next update! lol

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Seriously?

And why should I go through all that trouble when MS could easily add a wider colour pallet to the background and tiles?

Wow, you are a real complainer. I'd put it like this: What would you want, 10 additional colors so you can complain saying that either you did not like the new colors or after 2 months they need to add more? or just a 100% customizable color feature? I'd say Microsoft created this for people like you that loves complaining. If you like pink just google any pink image and use it.

Last edited:

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why I'm reminded of:

*attempt of being funny here*

Let's get something straight, as I'm getting the feeling that I'm not being clear.

This isn't a matter of choosing a solid colour as an image being easy, hard or wanting to do it or not being lazy or anything else. This is a matter of a highly requested feature being absent when it would be easily added to the OS. I recall that even Dan Rubino mentioned that the crowd was divided between people that'd rather have more colour choices for the tiles and background and people that agreed with the background images.

What could easily be an added feature to the OS is missing when there is no need to. Instead we have to do a WORKAROUND to have it our way. If you people think it's me being lazy, than sorry, but you are acting like idiots, which I don't think any of you is. It's my opinion about a feature that should be in the OS and it's as valid as any of you saying that it shouldn't be or that it's not needed.

I defended in other threads that we should have a full colour pallet to chose from for both background and tiles (and I'm not even saying we shouldn't have the tile images). Someone argued that a full pallet might have lead to confusion by some users due to them choosing very similar colours for both background and tiles. I considered it and agreed. What I'm saying is just that we should have a wider selection of colours by default instead of having to go around uploading useless solid colour images to the phone. Images that won't serve any other purposes aside from taking up space (yes, I know, not much, don't bother - but it still takes up space) and cluttering the photos hub when we could have those solid colours to chose from in the phone's settings. This is something that MS could've easily have added to the OS, period. If you guys think I'm nitpicking, well that's too bad. I'm entitled to say what I don't like as much as what I do like, just like you. So show some respect as I didn't disrespect anyone.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
so this is how it looks when my arguments fuel the other party's friendly or sometimes unfriendly jabs. The harder I fight, the more fun for them picking on me. :smile:

back to topic - I can't wait to assign some nice deep space image. Always wanted to try out "black" tiles without loosing other stuff due to High contrast setting or skinning apps' restrictions.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a matter of choosing a solid colour as an image being easy, hard or wanting to do it
Is it a matter of taking more time to complain than it does to do what is being complained about?

But I am the same way. I can't count the number of letter's I've written to my insurance company to get them to pay for the surgical removal of a few nose hairs so I don't have to trim them. ;)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it a matter of taking more time to complain than it does to do what is being complained about?

But I am the same way. I can't count the number of letter's I've written to my insurance company to get them to pay for the surgical removal of a few nose hairs so I don't have to trim them. ;)

My advice? Learn how to pluck them. It lasts longer than trimming, and doesn't cause as much irritation. I speak from unfortunate sympathetic experience here. ;)

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Msft is afraid if someone selects white color or pure white background image and then he would be able to go to proper tile.. Even can't identify setting tile too... Totally incapable to change then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro