?SensorCore? low-power sensing Is it Software or Hardware

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I was reviewing the //build session and Mr. Elop talked about the 630/635 having a feature called SensorCore that monitors a person steps and etc with little power usage.

They also introduce ?SensorCore? low-power sensing, a landmark for a value smartphone to enable the next generation of exercise and exploration apps like Bing Health and Fitness, which provides real-time monitoring and data storing like steps taken, calories burned, and miles walked, all day without eating up the big 1830mAh battery.

Glowing performance: Nokia Lumia 630 & Lumia 635 - Nokia Conversations

I know that the iPhone 5s has the M7 processor that developers can tap into to find out similar things
The M7 is going to handle the accelerometer, gyroscope and compass information. This instantly turns your phone more into a pedometer, heart-rate monitor, location tracker and more.
The M7 runs at lower power so it doesn?t drain your battery when you are on a walk or run. It can also free up CPU time from the A7 chip so location-based apps work a little better.

I was just curious if anyone knew if this was just a software feature in the 630/635 models or a special processor.

If its software, I could imagine this being integrated into WP8.1.x...but then it would drain the battery

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
its on soc (sd 400) , I love this feature. Lumia 1520 also have a similar feature called motion tracker app which uses one of the sd 800 core to monitor steps without affecting the battery life (sd 800 and sd 400 are both quad core ) so they both are using extra core to monitor such data :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss