Developer Preview....should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
So, with past updates I've been fine waiting for the official, but obviously like everyone else I REALLY want 8.1. I have never used the developer preview program before to bypass the carrier update but since I'm on Verizon, I worry it'll be ages to get 8.1. Question is, what are the cons of doing this? Do I void my warranty? Will I still get the "official" when released? What else would be different that might dissuade taking this step? Any feedback from others in the know would be awesome. Thanks!

kingkoopa09

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I doesn't void warranty moat reps don't know a thing about windows phone any way but, it allows you to easily upgrade, u download the app from dev preview and tadah u get an over the air notice u have an update like any other

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Id love to reply to this,instead i will just echo the original post. Any downsides to be aware of with the developer preview?

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For warranty, no one is really going to check what phone version you have. If you HAVE to bring it in for some reason, just say that you got an update and installed it, and don't know anything about this developer thing.

For the update itself, you can go for it, though since it is a developer update, it might still have some bugs. When I got the GDR3 developer update, my phone froze a couple of times, though there was an update that dealt with that issue.

In the end it's your call.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
based in my previous experience updating to GDR3 using the dev preview, i lost nothing, but gained early access to the few features that gdr3 offered..
i asked Nokia Care in my country about the warranty(altho i was gonna update anyways), they said it wont be void. but thats here, dunno about you :).

its ur choice, but I'm(like the vast majority of the people in this forum) will definitely update as soon as its released.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input and pointing me to the thread regarding the developer program. After reading that, you bet your *** I'm updating early! Can't wait around for Verizon to get their **** together.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Like already pointed out twice - use the thread for Developer Preview, that thread has almost every question you can think of - answered, in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb