Can I change update settings for individual tiles? some tiles as static and some as live?

Deepak Mp

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Can I change update settings for individual tiles? some tiles as static and some as live? I interested in buying a new phone and am inclining towards a windows, but I 've heard that live tiles may get annoying and static tiles seems not much different than icons to me. Integration of both may solve this problem. Can someone answer me, ASAP.

Thank you.

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well you can disable the background updating on individual app or block the background task. A tile will only be live if you want it to be.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Can I change update settings for individual tiles? some tiles as static and some as live? I interested in buying a new phone and am inclining towards a windows, but I 've heard that live tiles may get annoying and static tiles seems not much different than icons to me. Integration of both may solve this problem. Can someone answer me, ASAP.

Thank you.

Hello Deepak

The embedded apps (xbox music, calendar, phone, etc) can't be configured. Their tiles are always "live". They will always show you the number of missed notifications, your next appointment, an animated image related to the last track you were listening too, etc. Third party apps that receive push notifications behave like that too.

However, some live tiles are updated by background tasks every 30 minutes or so. This is how most live tiles are updates, and you can enable/disable the background tasks for these on an app-by-app basis. So, yes, for these apps that can be configured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium