Using the microsoft USA account trick

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
hello all

So, this will be my first post here,a fter following all of your comments for quite a lot of time.
And also like all of you, I'M PUMPED for wp8.1. But not so pumped for teh region lock on cortana.
However, back in the days that the store was locked for the Netherlands, I used a Micrososft USA account, to fool my Phone. Will this work for cortana too? because in the SDK, cortana works (except for voice search, but I don't know whether that is normal)

vkr
vic

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's been a couple of threads already asking this.

It would appear that it may be possible to change region settings to the US for it to work but no one can really guarantee that at this stage as far as I'm concerned. The dev preview will be out soon so maybe we'll get a verification of this. If the dev preview allows it.

I'm guessing and this is just a guess, that Cortana will be on all WP8.1 phones but will only lack the voice part, which will be locked to the US. So in general, we'll all have it but just not the voice capabilities.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If you change to a region where Cortana is not yet available, it provides the same speech capabilities, i.e., TellMe as before.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
If you change to a region where Cortana is not yet available, it provides the same speech capabilities, i.e., TellMe as before.

how do you mean change? As in location based..or that what I tell my phone settings to use.
okey, so, we'll wait...for another week,meh :'(;)

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha, YES SIIIRRR ;). Lets just hopes it releases on a normal time for us EU ers.. And not like 11 pm or such
I hope it's release after let's say 7pm, I don't have wifi at work and only 1GB on my data plan. It would be a torture to wait all day knowing it's available and not being able to download it!!!

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I hope it's release after let's say 7pm, I don't have wifi at work and only 1GB on my data plan. It would be a torture to wait all day knowing it's available and not being able to download it!!!

leg it down to local Costa, Mc D's, etc to download at lunchtime

Or if you have someone in work that has an unlimited data tariff kindly ask to tether to their phone to download it!

theres always a way :winktongue:

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Precisely. I'm taking my charger to school,and get rid of a lot of data on my phone to speed up the process if it happens when I'm at uni. Then I have something to do on the train, hehehehhe

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
leg it down to local Costa, Mc D's, etc to download at lunchtime

Or if you have someone in work that has an unlimited data tariff kindly ask to tether to their phone to download it!

theres always a way :winktongue:
True... I thought about McDonald's or Pan's and company but I thought downloading 1GB there would be impossible...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss