The Ideal Flagship

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 930 is nice, but it's not 'there' in terms of making full use of Windows Phone 8.1. Yes, the internal hardware is great, but there are certain things missing (as far as we know), e.g. the lack of hardware to let us interact with Cortana without touching the phone.

I would love to get a flagship Windows Phone 8.1 device this upcoming fall, but here are my expectations for a flagship:

1. SensorCore - i.e. a motion coprocessor to manage all motion related activity and information, especially with peripherals (such as Fitbit).
  2. "Okay Google Now" like functionality with Cortana, i.e. hands free engagement.
  3. PureView camera
  4. Micro-SD card support
  5. Qi wireless charging
  6. Miracast support
  7. Whatever hardware necessary to enable Windows in the Car, if and when it is available.

To be honest I am not too hung up on quad-core CPU and insane amounts of RAM, but the hardware on the flagship should be sufficient to handle all of Windows Phone 8.1's functions comfortably. The Snapdragon S800 quad-core and 2GB of RAM would be a safe bet.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Carrier independent like the Nexus. :excited:

One can dream! :winktongue:

You mean like how the whole europe is getting them? I got a Hungarian country variant at my Slovene carrier. No apps preinstalled, no services disabled.

My ideal phone would be such, that would never display the 'not available in your country' message. Only then would I even think about any Cortana and similar, since now they're useless for me.
Also screw SD cards, I'd much rather have 128 GB built-in storage, it's much faster. And make that super speedy SSD. And USB-OTG support, because why not, that's why.
Wireless charger included in the box (it's too expensive otherwise)
Shape and size of 720, specs of 930, camera of 1020 and glance.
And since we're talking fantasies here, I'd like a docking station (incl. in the box) that allows external peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, charger, LAN) to connect and transforms the phone into Windows RT machine or even better x86 (but we'd need x86 cpu for that of course). Since apps are using the same code, it just switches the UX.
About phone hardware, whatever is the latest that's supported by WP.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I figure the "flagship" will/should have pretty good hardware. I like your list, sure works for me. I'd add a removeable battery. I'd also like to see a high end phone with a more mainstream screen size. I know a lot of people are digging the 5 and 6 inch screens, but what I would love is a high end phone that's about the size of my 822.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos