06-16-2014 07:37 PM
133 12345 ...
tools
    How did android copy iOS?
    Yes whole world knows android copied ios.you should admit this.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    04-10-2014 08:58 AM
    you can pin files on the start screen. documents. music albums. emulator games. photos. etc etc. timers.. notes
    Joe920 likes this.
    04-10-2014 08:59 AM
    The one app that would make switching to WP painless for me.
    Have you tried gMaps Pro? gMaps Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And also in 8.1 Universal apps if enabled by the dev can be purchased once and used on your phone/tablet/pc and in the future Xbox One. No competitor does this. Heck Apple wants you to buy different versions for the iPhone and iPad.
    04-10-2014 09:11 AM
    let me think......
    hmmmm........

WP have apps that cost you only in WP and you can get it free on Android like Moli Player etc...
    So,
    If you have lots of unused money and you are dying to spend that money then here is the WP for you.
    and the other one is
    WP is more secure OS than the two OS you mention. Forget the devs even the hackers aren't interest in WP for now.

Hey if you say that how about this if you kept important information in your phone and hacker hacked them so you loose all those necessary which worth much more than money .

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2014 09:14 AM
    Only when it garners market share hackers will be interested same is the case with bb10

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    04-10-2014 09:29 AM
    Have you tried gMaps Pro? gMaps Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And also in 8.1 Universal apps if enabled by the dev can be purchased once and used on your phone/tablet/pc and in the future Xbox One. No competitor does this. Heck Apple wants you to buy different versions for the iPhone and iPad.
    Does not provide turn by turn directions through Google Maps.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-10-2014 09:37 AM
    Windows phone has me, ios and android don't.
    Joe920 and SpaceyO like this.
    04-10-2014 09:39 AM
    The big reason I moved from my iPhone was better "cloud" openness. The iOS platform is nice, so long as you're Apple-first or Apple-only. Since I use OneDrive as my primary file storage, it was always a hassle to get at my stuff. Even using DropBox or Box didn't help. Where Windows Phone lags is in apps to read that easier to access cloud storage (besides Office). The iPad implementation of Office is nice enough that I would consider going back, though.

Android, on the other hand, is a steaming pile that convinced me to buy my first Apple product, ever. For the life of me, I can't see how anyone can stand to use it. The widgets and customization are nice, in theory. In practice, I found them to be really slick ways of making a flaky system even worse. I literally can't think of anything positive to say about Android beyond "nice in theory".
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-10-2014 09:44 AM
    The big reason I moved from my iPhone was better "cloud" openness. The iOS platform is nice, so long as you're Apple-first or Apple-only. Since I use OneDrive as my primary file storage, it was always a hassle to get at my stuff. Even using DropBox or Box didn't help. Where Windows Phone lags is in apps to read that easier to access cloud storage (besides Office). The iPad implementation of Office is nice enough that I would consider going back, though.

Android, on the other hand, is a steaming pile that convinced me to buy my first Apple product, ever. For the life of me, I can't see how anyone can stand to use it. The widgets and customization are nice, in theory. In practice, I found them to be really slick ways of making a flaky system even worse. I literally can't think of anything positive to say about Android beyond "nice in theory".
    Wow. So the recent iterations of android did not make any differences?

Saksham Sharma likes this.
    04-10-2014 09:58 AM
    For the large majority of users every OS offers the basic same features. What you choose is a matter of preference (what feels best for you), peer pressure and ecosystem lock (I know people who won't change platforms because they bought lots of apps).
    Septiformus likes this.
    04-10-2014 10:23 AM
    Honestly?, nothing. I can duplicate everything that WP8.1 does on my Note 3, from the notifications to the UI, lockscreen, etc. I can make my Android look like a Windows Phone and behave like one anytime and with more and better options. And I know some people will say.. 'oh but Android lags so much', well not anymore KitKat is very smooth and with the Note 3 specs 'Lag' is not an issue. Oh. one thing WP8.1 has that Android does not? a crappy Facebook app, lack of apps. WP8 app gap is closing but not fast enough.

I'm not an Android fan, I have been using Windows phone since the Lumia 900 and I had the 920, 1020, 925 and 1520. All great devices but the truth is the app gap still hunting WP, that is just my personal experience. For someone that has found all the apps he/she use in WP then there is no reason to go with iOS or Android, for me I can not get over the lack of official Facebook, WatchESPN, Time Warner Cable, NBA Gametime and official Youtube app with screen mirroring support and some others.

Once the Preview is out I will be getting a 1520 for sure to give it a test drive for a month or so...
    AliNSiddiqui likes this.
    04-10-2014 10:45 AM
    The big feature for myself as a parent is Family Safety - parental controls. Parental controls that span all windows platforms from one administrative panel. I can limit time of day access, daily limits, purchases controls, application and website access. This was huge to me in trying to monitor and be an active parent in my 'tween's online experience.
    Windows also eliminates the one person to one device dilemma you face with lack of profiles on IOS Devices. Android lacks native parental controls where as Windows has it native.

IOS is definitely not parental control friendly. No method to restrict child from setting passwords or even receive reporting regarding where your child is spending time on line.
    04-10-2014 10:54 AM
    one thing WP8 has that Android does not, a limit on what I can download when not connected to wifi. That is one thing I really, really, really hate about iOS and WP8, if I need to download a big app and I'm on the road not near any wifi hotspot I'm basically doom. I understand that not everybody has unlimited data, but WP should at least have a setting to turn that off for at least a one time download or something like that. At least in iOS there is a hack to bypass that, but in WP there is no way.
    04-10-2014 10:58 AM
    Features W.P. Android IOS

1.Typing Fastest Fast Fast

2.Xbox. Yes No. No

3.FB (contact) Yes. No. No

4.Camera Best. Good Avg

5.Battery. Best. Worst Good

6.Cortona. Yes. No. No

7.Ms Office. Best. No. Ok

8.Personality Best No. No

9.Apps ( 8.1). Best Best Best

10.Lockscreen(8.1) Best Ok Ok

11.Pandora( ads) No Yes. Yes

12.Apps Sd Card Yes. Yes. No

04-10-2014 11:07 AM
    For the large majority of users every OS offers the basic same features. What you choose is a matter of preference (what feels best for you), peer pressure and ecosystem lock (I know people who won't change platforms because they bought lots of apps).
    Ecosystem bit is extremely important. That's what Microsoft whole strategy is and probably why a lot of you guys wouldn't switch among other reasons. I'm in both ecosystems and I can wither use WP or Android this year when I get a new phone.

Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-10-2014 11:08 AM
    well not anymore KitKat is very smooth and with the Note 3 specs 'Lag' is not an issue
    O really???
    Half of my apps on my s4 got corrupted due to kitkat.
    04-10-2014 12:08 PM
    one thing WP8 has that Android does not, a limit on what I can download when not connected to wifi. That is one thing I really, really, really hate about iOS and WP8, if I need to download a big app and I'm on the road not near any wifi hotspot I'm basically doom. I understand that not everybody has unlimited data, but WP should at least have a setting to turn that off for at least a one time download or something like that. At least in iOS there is a hack to bypass that, but in WP there is no way.
    i think except apps you can download every thing over 100mb..
    04-10-2014 12:10 PM
    WP has basic features a bit dumbed down than iOS...
    04-10-2014 12:11 PM
    Honestly?, nothing. I can duplicate everything that WP8.1 does on my Note 3, from the notifications to the UI, lockscreen, etc. I can make my Android look like a Windows Phone and behave like one anytime and with more and better options. And I know some people will say.. 'oh but Android lags so much', well not anymore KitKat is very smooth and with the Note 3 specs 'Lag' is not an issue. Oh. one thing WP8.1 has that Android does not? a crappy Facebook app, lack of apps. WP8 app gap is closing but not fast enough.

I'm not an Android fan, I have been using Windows phone since the Lumia 900 and I had the 920, 1020, 925 and 1520. All great devices but the truth is the app gap still hunting WP, that is just my personal experience. For someone that has found all the apps he/she use in WP then there is no reason to go with iOS or Android, for me I can not get over the lack of official Facebook, WatchESPN, Time Warner Cable, NBA Gametime and official Youtube app with screen mirroring support and some others.

Once the Preview is out I will be getting a 1520 for sure to give it a test drive for a month or so...
    screenshot or it didnt happen
    sd173 likes this.
    04-10-2014 12:24 PM

2.Xbox. Yes No. No

4.Camera Best. Good Avg

6.Cortona. Yes. No. No

This is biased BS. The "Cortona" part killed me. No, there's no such thing as Siri or Google Now.
    04-10-2014 12:26 PM
    There is a way to bypass this but not always ready available for everyone.
    04-10-2014 12:27 PM
    O really???
    Half of my apps on my s4 got corrupted due to kitkat.
    Consisting KitKat broke a lot of SD card functions I am not surprised. Google is trying to move away from external storage yet we just had 128GB microsd cards available and all the android flagships this year have support for external storage.

sinime likes this.
    04-10-2014 12:28 PM

2.Xbox. Yes No. No

4.Camera Best. Good Avg

6.Cortona. Yes. No. No

You might need to fact check this real quick.

04-10-2014 12:30 PM
    screenshot or it didnt happen
    screenshot_2014-04-10-14-42-20.pngscreenshot_2014-04-10-14-41-57.pngscreenshot_2014-04-10-14-42-35.png
    monso0n, sd173, A895 and 4 others like this.
    04-10-2014 02:46 PM
    Looks nothing like WP except for the fact it has square blocks.. Show me animated tiles and the people hub tile animating your contact photos. Show me a randomly animated lockscreen opening in different ways. Show me notifications on lockscreen..
    04-10-2014 03:02 PM
133 12345 ...