What does wp8.1 have that iOS and android do not ?

Septiformus

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Features W.P. Android IOS

1.Typing Fastest Fast Fast Depends on Screensize / Keyboard
2.Xbox. Yes No. No XBox live is on Android
3.FB (contact) Yes. No. No Facebook Contacts have been storing on Android phones since they first got FB, and the store on iOS
4.Camera Best. Good Avg with WP and Android this is completely dependent on the HARDWARE, not the SOFTWARE
5.Battery. Best. Worst Good Other than iOS it depends on the Hardware. My HTC Evo and my Galaxy S3 will easily go 3 days without a charge, my Lenovo Android Tablet will go a week
6.Cortona. Yes. No. No This isn't a valid Category. Siri No. No. Yes Google No. Yes. No
7.Ms Office. Best. No. Ok I'd have to check for iOS, but Android has Microsoft Office Mobile by Microsoft Corporation
8.Personality Best No. No I'm not sure what you are talking about here
9.Apps ( 8.1). Best Best Best
10.Lockscreen(8.1) Best Ok Ok How is the lockscreen the best? I haven't seen anything that makes it any better than Android or iOS
11.Pandora( ads) No Yes. Yes I receive ADs on Pandora on WP
12.Apps Sd Card Yes. Yes. No

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

For the Record, I have Nokia (WP), Motorola / Samsung (Android), iPad (iOS)

Last edited:

Septiformus

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
customizable quick settings Android Feature
allow to show he app you want to see in notification Android Feature
LIVE TILE AND FLIPPING TILE
all photography apps by nokia!
HERE city lens
lockable screen rotation Android Feature
slide the quick settings down only without pulling the notification too Android Feature

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
All wp8 devices will get wp8.1. It is sure

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

I thought I saw an article on WPC about this saying that some twitter message Joe Belfiore sent said it is unclear whether or not all WP devices excluding the 1520 will get the update because of the requirements for Miracast, as well as a headline or two about this on other tech news sites. It might have changed after that and I just didn't know though.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
What does wp8.1 have that iOS and android do not ?

SIMPLE.......................................

Content, happy but impatience users who are waiting for 8.1

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I thought I saw an article on WPC about this saying that some twitter message Joe Belfiore sent said it is unclear whether or not all WP devices excluding the 1520 will get the update because of the requirements for Miracast, as well as a headline or two about this on other tech news sites. It might have changed after that and I just didn't know though.
They will all get the update. the problem is that some pone won't get Miracast since their hardware is not adapted.

karmacoma

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually all operating systems are doing the exactly same job. I just use WP because I like it. Idk if I'll switch to another platform but for now I'm enjoying this. It's been one and a half year since I've got L920 and still enjoying. But if you ask me what does high end Lumia does, I'd say I think it's ahead of any phone because of its hardware. I think there's nothing like ICON on earth.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Simple as that, what does windows phone 8.1 have that android/ios do not ?

This thread is specifically for the pros of wp8.1, not 8, 7.8, 7.5, or even the 6.x range, just to be clear.

OK, go, list all the features you know wp has that iOS/android lack

You already made a thread like this within a few hours of making this one.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It is really up to the user. Apps are more updated and presented to ios and android first, but I think that windows phone brings the consistency of ios while bringing an experience that's meant to be in and out. Windows mobile, for me, was way too much time messing with settings and finding ways to make your phone perform consistently, and not really enjoying it (well, those who like to customize love it). Windows Phone doesn't leave the general user with a headache of figuring out why their screen freezes up so bad that they can't answer a call or that every app they open seems to crash. Its about optimization. The other platforms are building on it or have it already, but windows phone seems to be the platform to have it on 98% of their devices

monso0n

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Please go and check you tube how it blew Siri and now it is much better than both of then.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
Oh, you mean the video from that show, that was also on wpcentral? You know that it was a joke, a scripted show? If you really believe it was for real, then I'm speechless.

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh, you mean the video from that show, that was also on wpcentral? You know that it was a joke, a scripted show? If you really believe it was for real, then I'm speechless.

Perhaps this video? I can agree that Cortana looks better than Siri, and I use an iPhone. I never use Siri. Its accuracy is great for speaking out a text, but other than that I've found it mostly useless.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/talkingtech/2014/04/09/hands-on-with-cortana-windows-phones-digital-assistant/7482975

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo