11-02-2015 05:17 PM
204 ... 23456 ...
tools
    When editing text,to change a letter/alphabet in 8.0,youhad to long press the word and a cusor will appear.Now in 8.1 the cursor appears by default,when tapping on a word.
    Guytronic and hokto like this.
    04-16-2014 11:30 AM
    It's pretty annoying that you can't send a document from the e-mail app, meaning you can't attach a doc to an existing e-mail thread. Well, this has been alleviated somewhat with the ability to upload files through IE11. Now you can use your e-mail service's website to upload and attach documents! If you use Outlook, this can only be done from the desktop version of the site, but it's better than nothing!
    another alternative would be to go to the OneDrive app→find the document →press and hold on the document→ select share→ get a link→send to clip board→ go to email chain and paste the URL . Rinse and repeat for multiple docs or share the whole folder or move just the ones you want to share to a new folder.
    GraceFA60 likes this.
    04-16-2014 11:36 AM
    here you go :)

Attachment 63039

This checkbox will only appear when you turn the Wi-Fi OFF. Its not there when its ON..
    Thanks, got it. and the location has to be on.
    04-16-2014 11:59 AM
    Dont know is anyone posted this but, its real handy

ask cortana to wake you up, whenever you want, she sets the alarm
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-16-2014 12:01 PM
    Interesting i don't have this option in my htc 8x. But I think it's USA region thing again. So no luck for non usa phones
    If you don't have Cortana setup then you won't have the option. It using the Geofencing which is tied to Cortana
    Eral Ocal likes this.
    04-16-2014 12:28 PM
    I don't know when this actually became possible, but you can now manage your own playlists e.g. add/ remove tracks to a playlist.
    Before, the old method required you to connect to a PC...there was a way to do it on the phone itself, but it relied on a clear play history list, which meant rebooting your phone, since there was no way to clear your play history. From a clean play history, you would then have to play the songs in the order you want to add them in and then saving your play history into a playlist LoL...I'm so glad it's much easier now.

Also, as a bonus, it appears the duplicate song issue is gone too...before, I'd have between 2-3 listings for each track lol
    Guytronic and DrSARANG MALI like this.
    04-16-2014 02:10 PM
    Here is a small one that I am sure many already caught but for the others like myself I just found out in the Multitasking view you close app by swiping it down in addition to tapping the "X"
    Guytronic and gernerttl like this.
    04-16-2014 02:44 PM
    No, The Top one is the "Vibrate" toggle in ringtones+ sounds setting
    Well, that toggles vibrate before ringing not while ringing, I have missed many calls for not having the phone ring and vibrate at the same time.
    04-16-2014 02:48 PM
    If you got Cortana running through your emails and messages and someone send you something like a meeting invite or to go for coffee at x time at x place. You'll likely see a dotted line(sms) or hyper link(emails) under part of the message(likely the time) that when selected will take you to a calendar event that Cortana filled out as much as possible.
    You don't need Cortana to run through your emails to use that feature. What you're referring to is the
    Detect tracking info, such as flights, in emails on your phone.
    option. However, this really just tracks flight info or maybe even package tracking. But to you can turn that feature off in Settings -> Application Tab -> Cortana and she would still recognize events. Try it by turning the option off and sending a message like "Eat dinner today at 9pm" to your own cell phone number.
    Last edited by noiprocs; 04-16-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    04-16-2014 03:22 PM
    NEAT LITTLE KEYBOARD TRICK

Not sure if you could do this on WP8 but if you highlight word then press the shift/capital button, one tap capitalises the first letter, two taps makes the whole word uppercase. Makes it much easier than fiddling around getting the curser in the right place. Can also be used to make a sentence or large area of text uppercase after it has been typed in lowercase.
    carlosrdd and Guytronic like this.
    04-16-2014 04:49 PM
    Ask Cortana, "Who's your daddy?" And see what happens.
    Verner, DavidinCT and Kavu2 like this.
    04-16-2014 11:32 PM
    Now you can find contacts and 🎶 with the Bing 🔍 bar. just type and suggestions of these kind of data will appear.

Also in the search results the option phone 📞 is now available
    Guytronic, gernerttl and James8561 like this.
    04-17-2014 12:43 AM
    To get Cortana for Non US countries - Goto Settings > Language > English, United States [Delete Other languages] and Settings > Region > United States, English. Reboot ur Phone. You will find Cortana in the Apps list or Simply click the Bing button. Now you can have your new friend.
    Guytronic and mashray like this.
    04-17-2014 01:50 AM
    Sorry if this was already posted but this is really nifty feature with Cortana. Cortana can automatically create an appointment from an email with dates and times in it. The days will show up as blue highlighted links in the email (i.e. Friday) which you just hit and Cortana will create an appointment query for the Calendar in which you fill in any additional details as needed. Pretty cool.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-17-2014 02:26 AM
    I found out that if you add the WPCentral website to your startscreen, you automatically get a livetile that flips with headlines every 5 seconds!!! It's great! According to PhoneArena this also works with CNN, which I can also confirm!
    ven07, Guytronic and DrSARANG MALI like this.
    04-17-2014 03:02 AM
    you dont have to touch the moving circle, when u wanna edit sth, click on the letter u wanna edit or in some cases you would see something like 'I' with that small cirlcle under it. u shudnt touch the circle, just move the 'line' its far better than holding down and moving cursor like wp 8.0
    Guytronic and James8561 like this.
    04-17-2014 06:06 AM
    New built-in Battery Saver app has a transparent live tile with actual battery life
    ven07 and Guytronic like this.
    04-17-2014 06:46 AM
    Built-in battery saver app didn't show battery level on medium tile, only on largest tile size. I use another app which is just called battery which does show the remaining percentage on the size of tile that I want - see pic.

wp_ss_20140417_0001.jpg
    ven07, Guytronic and DrSARANG MALI like this.
    04-17-2014 08:47 AM
    To turn narrator off, press and hold the Volume up button and press the Start button.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:58 AM
    Built-in battery saver app didn't show battery level on medium tile, only on largest tile size. I use another app which is just called battery which does show the remaining percentage on the size of tile that I want - see pic.
    My battery saver tile doesn't go to large size...only small and medium. They both show how much is left graphically, but never flip to show percentage.

Not too much of a big deal for me...I just swipe the notification center bar down a tiny bit to see the percentage, then slide it back up.
    ven07 and gernerttl like this.
    04-17-2014 10:16 AM
    Turn on App Backup in Back up menu to store your scores, and data related to apps installed in the phone.
    Guytronic and gernerttl like this.
    04-17-2014 12:11 PM
    Now you can play your music while playing games, sometimes it makes the game crash though :\
    Guytronic and James8561 like this.
    04-17-2014 12:40 PM
    Wondering how to track down the universal apps? See the image below :)

universal-apps-windows-phone-8.1-store-screenshot-578x317.png
    Guytronic and selur123 like this.
    04-17-2014 01:30 PM
    tip/change - IE appears to be opening links to the same tab unless there's more opened. It was optional in WP 8.0, however the option is gone in settings (AFAIK)
    04-18-2014 02:53 AM
    Tip: Only post tips in this comment thread so you don't aggravate readers.
    ven07, SpaceyO, Guytronic and 2 others like this.
    04-18-2014 05:01 PM
204 ... 23456 ...