04-15-2014 06:46 PM
58 123
tools
    Mod, close this thread before I say something to get band.
    04-15-2014 05:12 PM
    That's right, blue ribbon high stepping prime time.
    Huh?

Now sport I never got all mad and jumping up and down or insulting people, go back and read my first post oh and while your there spell check it for me. It was my thoughts on the update, your words "opinion". Why I said what I said to the other person well like you, you A didn't read my first post or B assumed I was pitching a fit. So when someone puts words in my mouth of thinks I dont know what I'm doing or talking about then yea ill blast. Remember the rule, pop off get  on.

I have an opinion so do you slick.
    Perhaps you should read post #18, where you told people they didn't know what you were saying, and then called everyone that disagrees with your opinion "fanboys". The only person that put words in your mouth is you.

All I took issue with is you insulting the people that disagreed with your opinion. No name calling, no cutesy swear emojis. Calm down, agree to disagree and go play with your phone, as I'm gonna do.

G'night!
    04-15-2014 05:17 PM
    I think that Microsoft must clarify what the user will get, and be more selective for who can install that preview.
    04-15-2014 05:19 PM
    I don't get the big deal about the photos hub. If you click the top,all the albums are still there.....
    04-15-2014 05:20 PM
    Because all the fanboys always flock and pop off if you say anything negative about there pride and joy. That's why the title is not for the fanboys.
    04-15-2014 05:21 PM
    I think that Microsoft must clarify what the user will get, and be more selective for who can install that preview.
    Well...the keyword in the title is a big hint. Developers.
    TTechnically kind of blame wpcentral because it was hyped up so much and got people excited and now we have to deal with the whining and I wish Daniel and team could have better warned these people.
    04-15-2014 05:22 PM
    I don't get the big deal about the photos hub. If you click the top,all the albums are still there.....
    Looks like crap, dont like the layout but that's my opinion
    04-15-2014 05:23 PM
    Looks like crap, dont like the layout but that's my opinion
    Okay and if you swipe over to the albums tab isn't that the same way as it was before.

I don't like that it lists images by all but a simple swipe brings back the album view like before.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    04-15-2014 05:27 PM
    TTechnically kind of blame wpcentral because it was hyped up so much and got people excited and now we have to deal with the whining and I wish Daniel and team could have better warned these people.
    Well when you have about 10 threads going about it and everyone saying (even on other forms) that its pretty much what the finished product will be then the same people pop up after the preview is released screaming its beta its beta its not the finished product contradicting what they have been saying for the past 6 months.

Like I said before I'm no stranger to beta builds and know exactly what I'm getting into flashing such a build. My first post was my OPINION on it, good and bad.
    04-15-2014 05:29 PM

I sent him a PM asking for an article explaining that apps in Dev Preview are not final, I hope he can write something.
    DaT Franchise and SpaceyO like this.
    04-15-2014 05:31 PM
    Okay and if you swipe over to the albums tab isn't that the same way as it was before.

I don't like that it lists images by all but a simple swipe brings back the album view like before.
    The old version, open and here's this beautiful background, your different tabs on the left, camera, SkyDrive, downloaded, now you open and its a black screen with pictures jumbled everywhere.
    04-15-2014 05:31 PM
    Mod, close this thread before I say something to get band.
    I'm not sure if you are serious. If you are, then I suggest you report your own thread and we can do that for you. However, I don't think that is necessary. I think you made a good post that summed up the view of many members, not just your own. Some people will give MS more slack, other's won't. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the exchange. Be glad we don't all think alike... that would be boring ;-)
    04-15-2014 05:37 PM
    The old version, open and here's this beautiful background, your different tabs on the left, camera, SkyDrive, downloaded, now you open and its a black screen with pictures jumbled everywhere.
    Yeah I will agree the blackness is a bit...drab.

Funny when you think they gave us customized start screen with this update while taking the background from the photo and music hubs
    DaT Franchise likes this.
    04-15-2014 05:42 PM
    Funny when you think they gave us customized start screen with this update while taking the background from the photo and music hubs
    But that apps (Music and Pictures) will be updated later, not the final version. Even the Music app is the same beta from Windows Phone 8 Xbox Music App.
    04-15-2014 05:45 PM
    Yeah I will agree the blackness is a bit...drab.

That's why I said it was a mix of hell yea sweet and wtf Microsoft
    04-15-2014 05:48 PM
    But that apps (Music and Pictures) will be updated later, not the final version. Even the Music app is the same beta from Windows Phone 8 Xbox Music App.
    Its Microsoft's track record on Xbox music that has so many people pissed and the fact that they haven't been listening to the end users. If it keeps the trend the next update will be a joke, I hope not but will see
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    04-15-2014 05:50 PM
    Its Microsoft's track record on Xbox music that has so many people pissed and the fact that they haven't been listening to the end users. If it keeps the trend the next update will be a joke, I hope not but will see
    I know it, but Joe Belfiore said that the apps will be updated soon, Music, Facebook and more.

I don't know if the apps will be "perfect", but it will not remain the same that today.
    04-15-2014 05:56 PM
    I never fully understood the hate Xbox music got. Perhaps because my needs are simple. Play my music and that's that.
    The only thing that bugged me was the inability to scrub through a song and the fact that we can't make playlists in the app. Thankful now that we can do playlists and it even syncs the ones from my surface.

My biggest complaint now is that my iTunes music is not working with the new Xbox music even though it worked with windows phone 8
    04-15-2014 06:00 PM
    Cortana 😞 over hype underperforming. (I have done a hard reset and checked all settings many a time yet she still cant call me by name, interact, tell me my location, where I work, witty yes she will respond with her response we have all heard. She's good at searching tho.
    Cortana is in beta stage.
    04-15-2014 06:05 PM
    Cortana is in beta stage.
    Again I understand this, it works for some not for others. For me she doesn't do half of what the video shows. Just like Bing weather, hasn't worked for me in over a month yet works for most.
    04-15-2014 06:09 PM
    I tried in monday the whole day, tricking during a moment to get it (non US here) and she could interact for some things, set alarms, reminders, searches and tell me my location as searching for things and then she could give me the directions. And it is still in beta as Xpider_MX said. :)
    04-15-2014 06:11 PM
    I never fully understood the hate Xbox music got. Perhaps because my needs are simple. Play my music and that's that.
    The only thing that bugged me was the inability to scrub through a song and the fact that we can't make playlists in the app. Thankful now that we can do playlists and it even syncs the ones from my surface.

My biggest complaint now is that my iTunes music is not working with the new Xbox music even though it worked with windows phone 8
    Again looks like pile of 💩 no matter how long I let it sit a load my music it lags and stuttering every time I scroll. No more live tile, hell none of the Xbox apps have live tiles anymore. Again we will see what the update brings.
    04-15-2014 06:12 PM
    I tried in monday the whole day, tricking during a moment to get it (non US here) and she could interact for some things, set alarms, reminders, searches and tell me my location as searching for things and then she could give me the directions. And it is still in beta as Xpider_MX said. :)
    She can set reminders, read me the weather but that's about it.
    04-15-2014 06:14 PM
    She can set reminders, read me the weather but that's about it.
    Ow that's weird. :S I feel like I'm lucky about the whole OS too because I only get one bug while others are having real issues..

EDIT: Are you in US ?
    04-15-2014 06:17 PM
    This thread title is ridiculous, even Apple fanboys are praising this update & the features you call underperforming. If they aren't working for you, or you have suggestions,forward the information to Microsoft like you're intended to do while testing a pre release version.
    Nogitsune Micah and BobLobIaw like this.
    04-15-2014 06:23 PM
58 123