My personal take 8.1 (Not for the fanboys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
You guys will learn I speak my mind and don't give a crap what people think. I'm not politically correct and I don't crap unicorns and rainbows. I tell it like it is not how it might be or how you want it to be.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
You guys will learn I speak my mind and don't give a crap what people think. I'm not politically correct and I don't crap unicorns and rainbows. I tell it like it is not how it might be or how you want it to be.

Well aren't you just all that plus half of the bag of chips.

For me, it's a failry good upgrade. True, there are some things I don't like, but the things I like far outweigh them, and I'm not that much of a fan-boy or anti-fan-boy that I'm going to freak out about the things I don't like. I mentioned a few of them in the things you don't like thread. Am I going to leave WP behind over them? Nope. Am I going to stomp my feet and hold my breath until my face turns blue like a 5 year-old until MS fixes the Music hub? Nope. Am I gonna insult people for having a different opinion from mine? Nope.

WP8.1 works for me,that fact alone doesn't make me a irrational ****** and frankly, that fact is all that matters to me.

The Music app is getting an update soon, and MS will hear and take care of the other complaints as they see fit. For me, I'm gonna enjoy what I like, and not fret so much about the things I don't.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
That's right, blue ribbon high stepping prime time.

Now sport I never got all mad and jumping up and down or insulting people, go back and read my first post oh and while your there spell check it for me. It was my thoughts on the update, your words "opinion". Why I said what I said to the other person well like you, you A didn't read my first post or B assumed I was pitching a fit. So when someone puts words in my mouth of thinks I dont know what I'm doing or talking about then yea ill blast. Remember the rule, pop off get 💩 on.

I have an opinion so do you slick.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
That's right, blue ribbon high stepping prime time.

Huh?

Now sport I never got all mad and jumping up and down or insulting people, go back and read my first post oh and while your there spell check it for me. It was my thoughts on the update, your words "opinion". Why I said what I said to the other person well like you, you A didn't read my first post or B assumed I was pitching a fit. So when someone puts words in my mouth of thinks I dont know what I'm doing or talking about then yea ill blast. Remember the rule, pop off get  on.

I have an opinion so do you slick.

Perhaps you should read post #18, where you told people they didn't know what you were saying, and then called everyone that disagrees with your opinion "fanboys". The only person that put words in your mouth is you.

All I took issue with is you insulting the people that disagreed with your opinion. No name calling, no cutesy swear emojis. Calm down, agree to disagree and go play with your phone, as I'm gonna do.

G'night!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Because all the fanboys always flock and pop off if you say anything negative about there pride and joy. That's why the title is not for the fanboys.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think that Microsoft must clarify what the user will get, and be more selective for who can install that preview.
Well...the keyword in the title is a big hint. Developers.
TTechnically kind of blame wpcentral because it was hyped up so much and got people excited and now we have to deal with the whining and I wish Daniel and team could have better warned these people.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
TTechnically kind of blame wpcentral because it was hyped up so much and got people excited and now we have to deal with the whining and I wish Daniel and team could have better warned these people.

Well when you have about 10 threads going about it and everyone saying (even on other forms) that its pretty much what the finished product will be then the same people pop up after the preview is released screaming its beta its beta its not the finished product contradicting what they have been saying for the past 6 months.

Like I said before I'm no stranger to beta builds and know exactly what I'm getting into flashing such a build. My first post was my OPINION on it, good and bad.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

I sent him a PM asking for an article explaining that apps in Dev Preview are not final, I hope he can write something.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay and if you swipe over to the albums tab isn't that the same way as it was before.

I don't like that it lists images by all but a simple swipe brings back the album view like before.

The old version, open and here's this beautiful background, your different tabs on the left, camera, SkyDrive, downloaded, now you open and its a black screen with pictures jumbled everywhere.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Mod, close this thread before I say something to get band.

I'm not sure if you are serious. If you are, then I suggest you report your own thread and we can do that for you. However, I don't think that is necessary. I think you made a good post that summed up the view of many members, not just your own. Some people will give MS more slack, other's won't. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the exchange. Be glad we don't all think alike... that would be boring ;-)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The old version, open and here's this beautiful background, your different tabs on the left, camera, SkyDrive, downloaded, now you open and its a black screen with pictures jumbled everywhere.
Yeah I will agree the blackness is a bit...drab.

Funny when you think they gave us customized start screen with this update while taking the background from the photo and music hubs

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny when you think they gave us customized start screen with this update while taking the background from the photo and music hubs

But that apps (Music and Pictures) will be updated later, not the final version. Even the Music app is the same beta from Windows Phone 8 Xbox Music App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire