8.1 Backup is great!

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I just performed a hard reset of my phone after having 8.1 running on it for a couple of days to see if that helps the SD card issues I've been having and I can say that resetting is now a much more pleasant experience!
The tile layout was remembered and it even remembered the state of the live tile when it backed up (eg. the news app was greyed out but had the headline displayed from when I backed up the phone.
Also, a nice touch is that as the app installs the tile stops becoming greyed out - as in the live tile mimics a loading bar as the app is installed.
One missing feature though is that it isn't able to recognise all the apps I had saved on my SD card - it has to delete and redownload them.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just performed a hard reset of my phone after having 8.1 running on it for a couple of days to see if that helps the SD card issues I've been having and I can say that resetting is now a much more pleasant experience!
The tile layout was remembered and it even remembered the state of the live tile when it backed up (eg. the news app was greyed out but had the headline displayed from when I backed up the phone.
Also, a nice touch is that as the app installs the tile stops becoming greyed out - as in the live tile mimics a loading bar as the app is installed.
One missing feature though is that it isn't able to recognise all the apps I had saved on my SD card - it has to delete and redownload them.

Did it save Application/Game settings ? My big question is if it DOES backup game saves like the rumors were saying it would....

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Did it save Application/Game settings ? My big question is if it DOES backup game saves like the rumors were saying it would....
In the backup settings it says it does for apps which support it. My app backup is using 0kb so I guess nothing I have supports it so once devs support it I guess it will.

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It didn't for me sadly but I'm pretty sure they said at Build that it works for WP8.1 apps by default so they developer doesn't need to add anything. So any apps that get updated should support it. They also said it won't work for Silverlight 8.0 (current apps) and whatever the type of app games are by default. Which is a shame as I guess that means games won't back up by default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos