In my digging through the settings of WP8.1, I found that, YES, tap to pay can be enabled under the NFC setting.

I have a secure SIM card ( one with grey stripe) and cards assigned to my wallet, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Wondering if anyone has tried this? I guess I am kind of apprehensive about flashing my phone at an NFC pay station and it doesnt work..:)
    04-17-2014 08:53 AM
    Let us know what you find out. I forgot it is one of the goodies 8.1 had.
    04-17-2014 08:59 AM
    Wondering if anyone has tried this? I guess I am kind of apprehensive about flashing my phone at an NFC pay station and it doesnt work..:)
    I haven't tried it yet on WP so I don't know if it works. My primary phone ATM is a Nexus 5 and I use tap to pay all the time. Well, the places that have the capability are limited, but I use it when I can. I often get comments from cashiers on how cool it is that I can pay with my phone. That tells me that barely anybody does it yet.

As far as it being apprehensive about it not working; it happens! When the feature was first released on Android it didn't work very well. I soon learned to get my credit card out of my wallet ahead of time so I could quickly swipe it if necessary. Now tap to pay on Android works so well that I don't get my card out anymore. But at first I did it all the time. Just something to keep in mind for when we can start using tap to pay with WP.
    04-17-2014 08:59 AM
    I went through the trouble of getting a secure SIM from ATT a couple weeks ago and finally tried it out... It didn't work for me. The payment system did work because I used an NFC credit card as a backup (and have it as a payment method in Wallet)...

So I think I had all the bases covered. The machine even made most of the happy noises, but the phone did nothing. It was definitely detected. I don't think Wallet did it's job...

Maybe someone else has had better luck?
    Last edited by Gregg Le Blanc; 06-23-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: clarity
    06-23-2014 08:47 PM
    You will need an ISIS app from ATT to get it to work. Of course we will never get a Google Wallet app, but ISIS is coming to WP at some point. Then it'll work with ISIS compatible tap-to-pay stations.
    06-24-2014 01:35 PM