WP 8.1 Internet Explorer

tonye5

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 810 and I updated to WP8.1, everything is working fine EXCEPT Internet Explorer.
If I'm connected to WiFi it works fine, but if I'm connected through the carrier, I can not connect to the internet.
I get a "server not found or DNS error".

I don't think it's an APN problem because everything else works, INCLUDING other browsers, Cortana, E-mail sync, maps.

It worked fine for the 2 days, then this started happening Wednesday morning.
I cleared the history and it worked for about 5 minutes.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank You

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Try changing the Data Sense settings, might be an issue on how it's communicating with Microsoft's servers to transmit the compressed data, giving you the error (because I believe Data Sense compression only works in Internet Explorer, which matches the issue you're having).

Let us know is this works.

tonye5

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Try changing the Data Sense settings, might be an issue on how it's communicating with Microsoft's servers to transmit the compressed data, giving you the error (because I believe Data Sense compression only works in Internet Explorer, which matches the issue you're having).

Let us know is this works.

I turned Data Sense Savings off, and still not working. Thanks

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, not sure then... Very curious. Only other thing I could recommend is a soft reset, because I can't think of anything else to fix the issue. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Best of luck.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
As of today, I cannot get a data connection through either cellular or wireless on my Icon. Internet Explore is no longer functional. Blue Skies will not update. Cortana will not connect. Facebook Messenger will not update. Etc, etc. I can still get text messages though...

I have tried powering down and turning the phone back on several times. I tried a soft reset. I turned off both Battery Saver and Data Sense with no change. Tried toggling the data connection. No change.

Also the phone has become SUPER laggy. It will hang at either a resuming or loading screen seemingly at random when changing between apps, when closing apps or even just going between settings pages.

I am going to do a hard reset and will not restore from backup. Frustrating to say the least.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
As of today, I cannot get a data connection through either cellular or wireless on my Icon. Internet Explore is no longer functional. Blue Skies will not update. Cortana will not connect. Facebook Messenger will not update. Etc, etc. I can still get text messages though...

I have tried powering down and turning the phone back on several times. I tried a soft reset. I turned off both Battery Saver and Data Sense with no change. Tried toggling the data connection. No change.

Also the phone has become SUPER laggy. It will hang at either a resuming or loading screen seemingly at random when changing between apps, when closing apps or even just going between settings pages.

I am going to do a hard reset and will not restore from backup. Frustrating to say the least.

Sounds like it. Hope things work out, shame to see such a fantastic device being so heavily crippled by what's supposed to be a fantastic update. Best of luck!

sihaz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Having the same trouble here. It did work initially after the update but then stopped. I have tried soft and hard resets now and it's still not working. Really strange as I have the same experience ie all apps can get data except ie ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb