How to revert back to WP8 - Nokia Software Recovery Tool questions

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I tried searching this but all I could find was one thread with 4 posts in it, and not much information. I am trying to revert back to WP8 on my Lumia 920. I honestly liked WP8 a lot better than 8.1 and I'd rather not answer any questions regarding my opinion on that.
I have downloaded the Nokia Software Recovery tool and I am having trouble using it. It is not detecting my phone when plugged in through USB. I have read about the Nokia Care Suite, but I cannot find that file on Nokia's website. I downloaded what I thought was the Care Suite, but I think it is something for non-WP8 phones (maybe symbian phones??).
Anyway...is there a thread devoted to instructions on how to revert back to WP8?
If I am unable to do this, I may consider forking over $70 and buying an off-contract Lumia 520. Please help!! Thank you

lee kwan kin

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Latest Nokia recovery tool is 1.1.3...downgraded my 1520 from 8.1 back to 8.0...battery drain fast even off background apps (no cortana) now happy with my battery performance

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Its 1gb or so sized file. It already finished downloading and I am reverting to a backup I created on APril 14th before updating to 8.1

I'm hoping it won't install 8.1 again.... Fingers crossed.

If so, I will have to go with the "Clean Slate" method

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Its 1gb or so sized file. It already finished downloading and I am reverting to a backup I created on APril 14th before updating to 8.1

I'm hoping it won't install 8.1 again.... Fingers crossed.

If so, I will have to go with the "Clean Slate" method
Lol.. Gl bro, hope it don't install wp8.1 again :p

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone reverted to Nokia Black and not WP8.1. Now I just have to figure out how to get to the latest firmware update that allows you to disabled the windows keys vibrations etc.

But yeah, WP8.1 was horrible to be honest. Destruction of the Me hub, battery life, Music Hub, IE11 defaulting to mobile versions of websites even after manually selecting desktop version. Just too many things to list. I think even when 8.1 becomes public I'll stick with 8.0. MS messed up big time on this one.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
It was named as Lumia Black and BTW you should check your "touch" app for updates using sysApp Pusher. Also check for any system apps listed under nokia in the app for updates.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Under "Touch" there is no setting for Windows Keys as there was before. Very odd... I've installed the SysApp Pusher and there is nothing for touch!! What the heck??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb