Store Updates working now?

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys.
Is your store updating now? It seems like mine doesnt. It did (after 3 resets) work for a long time with WP8.0, but now it seems to be broken again.
I know, i can check manually. But i want it to work!

Is it still checking just once a day at the same time (like in wp8.0)?
So does it still miss to check for updates, if your phone is off at that time?

I was praying they would fix that. I always turn my phone off at night, and at that time is the scheduled update check...quite clever, MS!

Dear Store, please check once a day (at least), IF THERE IS A INTERNET CONNECTION. If not, then try again later! IS THAT SO HARD?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Don't the updates install automatically by default? I haven't seen any since the 8.1 update, but I think they are "silent." Go to your download history and you can see what is installed and also if it's an update.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
nope, mine did initially auto update, and i would also get notified, now they dont, unless i manually check, i verified this by checking history.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine seem to update, but they don't show in the action center any more. Worked only the first day. Lumia 1020 WP8.1

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok...great :( can the guys with working updates tell us when the updates happen? Once? Twice? Same time? Maybe turn auto update off for that "test". Thank you

- Tapatalk -

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's working right now. I toggled the notification settings off and back on, so maybe that did it, or MS fixed it. Either way, I have a notification '2 apps have been updated' in the action center, 9.34am eastern. (Handyscan and The Verge). It states 'updated 1 hours ago', so somewhere between 8am and 9am.

Sebaslight

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
i'm afraid my store is not updating automaticaly either even tough i have the opcion activated.... well, i mean, it does. But kind of... it updates suddenly when i connect to a wi-fi network and no notification and no option to dismiss... on wp8 i recived the notification and then when connected i would update, but now it's just suddenly... it kinda sucks

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My is updating automatically and I am getting notifications as well.
I am in UK, usually it updates at around 6/7 pm.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine have been working properly since 8.1.

I used to manually update since I was new to WP and wanted to see everything that was changing. Now it seems to have switched to automatic downloads with 8.1 and notifies me in the notification center. Love it.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok, mine did check, like before with wp8 at 1pm.
Next thing I try, if I know there are updates available, I turn my phone off at that time and turn it back on later, and see if the store checks for updates after that time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos