Wi-Fi Sense

Sean Lloyd

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
First forum post on here! Just alerting people who don't know. Remember before connecting to your home Wi-Fi network to change your Wi-Fi Sense settings so it doesn't share if you don't want people to be able to connect to your home network. This is because the default settings mean that your Facebook, Skype and Outlook.com contacts with Windows Phones (running 8.1) will be able to access your network automatically when in range. This will also happen if you connect to other peoples networks too which they may not want to happen. Note: Wi-Fi sense will not share the pass codes it will only allow them to connect automatically when in range.

Hope this post comes useful to someone! :smile:

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wi-Fi Seense

Welcome to WPC!

Thanks for the heads up but I guess the whole point of WiFi sense is to let your friends use your WiFi hotspots without having to ask you for passwords all the time. Why shut them out?

tgreg88

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that this even works? If so how did you get it to work? Myself and a few others have tried and nothing works. Everything is set up correctly but our devices won't connect.

Sean Lloyd

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have never tried it myself all I am aware is that from what the settings say, it will allow your contacts selected (those who have Windows Phone 8.1) to use the any Wi-Fi networks you connect to presumably they don't change their network password.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have never tried it myself all I am aware is that from what the settings say, it will allow your contacts selected (those who have Windows Phone 8.1) to use the any Wi-Fi networks you connect to presumably they don't change their network password.

yeah i tired that on my sisters 620 since she has 8.1 too and we haven't been able to figure it out :O maybe its something related to the firmware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos