Nothing mentioned about this 8.1 improvement

SatinSpellbinder

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've heard no mention of one unforeseen improvement which has come with 8.1.
Previously my AOL and Yahoo email a/cs - which I use most - could only be pulled (every 15 minutes).
Only my Gmail and Microsoft a/cs were pushed email.
This was a pain as I run a women's support group and often need to see immediately if someone needs help.
Wasn't a problem with my previous BlackBerry, obviously, so I was really disappointed that Windows couldn't push my most important mail (only had my 925 for 3 weeks).

Installed the 8.1 developer's and voila! ALL my email accounts are being pushed to me upon arrival :smile:
So I'm a very happy bunny, love Windows, love my phone, love the update and after 3 Androids and 2 BlackBerries will never go back to either. Plus yes, I love my iPad but wouldn't have an iPhone either.

Did everyone else know about the push mail change?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't see this. I use yahoo and the sync settings are unchanged in the windows mail client. 15 min or according to your usage are my options. Did you get something different? I have a Nokia icon.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it while checking my synced emails when I first updated to 8.1. I love this idea...except Yahoo is still in the 15 minute category and not as items arrives. Every other email setups have this option.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to create a thread about this. The earliest I get yahoo mail is every 15min. I really don't understand these settings. Any and all email should be delivered when sent. I don't understand why there would even be an option. Data? It uses next to nothing and having a setting to turn it off. Done.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually this has been discussed in other threads. You get 4 email accounts you can push to or "as items arrive" the 5th one will not allow for that option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750