Storage Sense hanging

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to try moving an app to SD card, so I ran Storage Sense. It's been running for 30 minutes, and still getting nowhere (everything "0 bytes, updating..."). To be clear, I haven't done anything yet. Just waiting for it to fill in the category information.

How long should it take?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Guessing here
With 150 apps it may have taken longer because data goes along.
Noticed after moving the tiles in the app list were blank at first then updated after some time.

I'm thinking a 521 with less ram has to work longer to get the system up to date.

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Dang, it's doing it again...just hanging forever with "0 bytes, updating...", no progress. When it works it starts displaying results immediately and only takes a couple seconds to complete.

wp_ss_20140421_0001.png

Last edited:

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
How big is your SD? I have a 64 GB SD and it does exactly the same thing. If you take out the SD then it loads quickly and if you perform a hard reset it's quick too as no apps are installed but after apps are installed it takes ages to load the phone or SD card. Really frustrating - hopefully they'll fix it before the general release.

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It's 32GB with a large number of files. I found that you don't have to wait for this screen to load, you can click on "apps + games" right away. Usually I don't bother trying to click when the "wait dots" are going, so I didn't realize this immediately.

I also have trouble with the Photo app, because it scans the entire SD card looking for pictures, and since my SD is full of epubs, there are a lot of pictures (book covers)!

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
How big is your SD? I have a 64 GB SD and it does exactly the same thing. If you take out the SD then it loads quickly and if you perform a hard reset it's quick too as no apps are installed but after apps are installed it takes ages to load the phone or SD card. Really frustrating - hopefully they'll fix it before the general release.

yeah... exactly..
its frustrating but if you remove your sd card and check it back it will show you everything within a min, but you cant transfer it to your sd card since it was removed :p
shame on developers... why dont they even focusing at least on essential system apps like this hope they will release a fix soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes