Any way to re-install 8.1?

genosox

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having lots of issues after installing the 8.1 update on my 822. I can't access the settings to Cortana. I can't access storage sense. I can't even access photos + camera, which sucks because I can't even attach a picture in a text. There are other issues I keep having as well, some of which restarting the phone will fix temporarily. It just seems like some of he update is missing. I did have an issue when installing it, when it totally locked up for an hour at 0%, and I had to restart the phone to jump start it again.

Is there anyway of initiating the whole install again? I will not reset my phone and lose all of my games saves, unless there is a way to back up all of my data and apps first. Is anyone else having these problems?

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Most games have no cloud saving, because the developers didn't add that feature, I am sorry :(

You can however back your apps up in 8.1, and your contacts and photos are probably already synced to your Microsoft account, so don't worry about that. You can also backup your text messages. Make sure everything is backed up, and perform a hard reset (reset to factory settings in the settings), and you will have a clean 8.1. You can also go back to 8.0, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know much about flashing devices (although it is not very hard).

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thought I caught something in a post here in the forums that says:
In case of the need for a hard reset in order to save game data if you have an SD card in the phone.
If possible move the games to SD, unmount the card in Storage Sense.
Shut the phone off, remove SD, restart, reset, turn off phone.
Re-insert SD, start phone, remount card in SS, see if game data has been recovered.

This is unverified and I don't know who posted this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett