I'm having lots of issues after installing the 8.1 update on my 822. I can't access the settings to Cortana. I can't access storage sense. I can't even access photos + camera, which sucks because I can't even attach a picture in a text. There are other issues I keep having as well, some of which restarting the phone will fix temporarily. It just seems like some of he update is missing. I did have an issue when installing it, when it totally locked up for an hour at 0%, and I had to restart the phone to jump start it again.

Is there anyway of initiating the whole install again? I will not reset my phone and lose all of my games saves, unless there is a way to back up all of my data and apps first. Is anyone else having these problems?
    04-20-2014 10:51 PM
    Trouble with your Nokia Windows Phone? Restore it with the official Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central

with this tool u can go back to windows phone 8 and then again install the developer preview. other than this u have no other option of reinstalling wp 8.1
    04-20-2014 11:05 PM
    The only way to restore 8.1 is doing a hard reset. Try to back up some of your stuff first.
    04-20-2014 11:08 PM
    Most games have no cloud saving, because the developers didn't add that feature, I am sorry :(

You can however back your apps up in 8.1, and your contacts and photos are probably already synced to your Microsoft account, so don't worry about that. You can also backup your text messages. Make sure everything is backed up, and perform a hard reset (reset to factory settings in the settings), and you will have a clean 8.1. You can also go back to 8.0, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know much about flashing devices (although it is not very hard).
    04-21-2014 12:39 AM
    Thought I caught something in a post here in the forums that says:
    In case of the need for a hard reset in order to save game data if you have an SD card in the phone.
    If possible move the games to SD, unmount the card in Storage Sense.
    Shut the phone off, remove SD, restart, reset, turn off phone.
    Re-insert SD, start phone, remount card in SS, see if game data has been recovered.

This is unverified and I don't know who posted this...
    04-21-2014 12:59 AM