Facebook app background task and notifications broken on WP8.1, Help

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps, but I switched to the Facebook standard app since it was updated for 8.1. However, the background agent is not working correctly since it doesn't show up in the task switcher after I leave the app. Also, it isn't working with the notification center. It isn't listed as an app that can display notifications in the action center settings, but Facebook Beta is. I'm not sure if these are bugs, or if I'm having a specific problem. Is this happening to anyone else? How do you fix it? I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the phone. (I'm on a Lumia 920 btw).

Also side note, Instagram Beta isn't working for me either. I've been using 6tag since 8.1 because Instagram launches but the feed never shows up. It's just the loading dots across the middle of the UI.

I hope a hard reset isn't the answer, but can anyone help me out?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had both for a while too, but thought there might be some confusion with the notifications. I would get a notification in the Notification Center and click on it and one of 2 things would happen, either the dreaded, we can't get data right now, or it would take me to an old post.
Same thing would happen with Twitter.

That being said, I ONLY have the official app now. When I go into Battery Saver and then Usage, it shows "Facebook" there. Do you see it in yours?

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yep, Facebook is in Battery Saver and it is allowed to run in the background however it still doesn't show up in the task switcher when I leave the app. When I press and hold the back button after going to the start screen or to another app, it isn't in the task switcher at all. It also isn't an option in action center settings to be in the notification center whereas Facebook Beta is. I just want the app to run in background properly and display notifications in the action center

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I left with the beta only, nothing helped..
I installed only the 8.x, nothing helped..
I had both, nothing helped..
I unistalled both and did tried again.. nothing helped..
If someone has a solution, please share it..

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok I got notifications working. I had to uninstall the Facebook Beta app and let a push notification come through the official 8.1 Facebook app. Likes don't count but I got a real push when I got invited to an event and it triggered the action center so that's working. Multitasking is still broken. Is the official app a WinRT coded app like with the new APIs? I assume it is, and I feel like my 1 gig ram isn't enough to keep it suspended in the background for very long and it is doing like Windows RT does when it needs memory and closes background apps. Maybe that's why it isn't in the task switcher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss