After diving into WP 8 with an Icon and finding the water a bit chilly, WP 8.1 has me starting to get comfortable again. The notification center in particular has been a HUGE part of this update, since I can do things like see what time it is or who emailed me without having to leave an app or a call. Its just like Android, but without the creepy Google tracking and indexing.

Still, I really miss the way that android weather apps displayed the current temp in the notification bar, and if you pulled down you would get a mini weather forecast with conditions and hi/low temps. Does anyone know of a weather app that takes advantage of the new notification center? Sure hope Microsoft I considering this for an update of its (formerly Bing) Weather app.
    04-22-2014 06:57 AM
    After diving into WP 8 with an Icon and finding the water a bit chilly, WP 8.1 has me starting to get comfortable again. The notification center in particular has been a HUGE part of this update, since I can do things like see what time it is or who emailed me without having to leave an app or a call. Its just like Android, but without the creepy Google tracking and indexing.

Still, I really miss the way that android weather apps displayed the current temp in the notification bar, and if you pulled down you would get a mini weather forecast with conditions and hi/low temps. Does anyone know of a weather app that takes advantage of the new notification center? Sure hope Microsoft I considering this for an update of its (formerly Bing) Weather app.
    Amazing Weather HD updated to support transparent Live tiles | Windows Phone Central
    04-22-2014 07:11 AM
    Vieather does the job, its free en fast .
    04-22-2014 11:29 PM
    I love Amazing Weather HD, but it doesn't do what the OP is asking for at all.

Vieather does the job, its free en fast .
    Neither does this.

He wants a weather app that gives regular toast notifications so that it can sit in the notification center. I don't personally know of any WP app that does that. To be honest, there hasn't been much reason to until now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2014 11:30 PM
    Have you tried Accuweather??
    04-24-2014 04:20 AM
    Just set up Cortana and select local weather. Then you can either hit the magnifying glass and swipe up to see your selected news headlines and weather or use the Cortana live tile.
    04-24-2014 05:54 AM
    If you setup weather in Cortana she will give you weather alerts.
    04-24-2014 09:38 PM