Anyone have a windows phone 7/8 (not 8.1) fancy doing a smoked by windows 7/8 vs windows 8.1 like Ben the PC guy used to do,, Pretty much everything that campaign stood for and boasted about has now gone in 8.1 and an old windows phone 7 or 8 would be able to beat the latest 8.1 phone at quite a few things which many of us do daily such as post to twitter and facebook, post a picture to fb, send a facebook message to someone, Check into a place.
    It has really annoyed me how they have changed the very best things about WP and turned it towards being more like android where everything needs an app to get anything done, I wouldnt have minded it as an option but just to take it away is really bad. Just thought someone would be able to make a nice comedy smoked by (old) windows phone video.
    Ali Assaedi and sketchy9 like this.
    04-22-2014 10:10 AM
    It's still faster when you compared to other android phones. For instance if you still want to post on a friends wall , go into people hub , search contact and tap on write on wall , it will now just open app (will take a second or two ) , where as in android or iOS you have to open (which is very slow lol , you have to find the app , then it will refresh and you have to search the contact ).
    04-22-2014 10:15 AM
    yea, they dropped the ball hard on that one.. and no amount of whining is enough :P

also, there are some small decisions that makes me wonder what they were thinking? only 4 toggles in the notification center, mobile data toggle absent..
    and the wifi toggle turns on wifi, but when you click it again it doesnt turn wifi off, nope, it sends you to the wifi page, so u have to press yet another toggle to close the wifi. i realize this is very small ,but its really annoying when i want to leave home, and close wifi and open data. it takes just too much time..
    i always wanted to install a NFC tag at the exit of my home, and just tab it with my phone to close/open wifi/data automatically.. but nope, not available.. in WP8.. i dont think making an API for that would take much effort really.

there are plenty of those small details that wastes those valuable few seconds :D , you have to dig throw pages and menus to finish simple tasks, and the slow animation dont help really :P(they are pretty tho)..

so yeah, MS should have fixed those silly mini stuff while they were advertising their smoke campaign.
    04-22-2014 10:50 AM
    04-22-2014 11:04 AM