Hello everyone.

First time posting on these forums but have been using the site for quite a while now. I am currently an android user (s4) but am looking to move over to windows phone as I am simply bored with android now. I'm looking to get a Lumia 1520 as it seems to be the best phone in terms of specs and size (phablet not an issue for me).

The trouble I have (well actually my dad) is he's been a windows phone user for a while and he recently purchased a 625 which I have been trying out. I have updated the phone to windows 8.1 which I have to say has made a major improvement to the phone.

The issue is, as he was setting his phone up he must have used an old email address of his, one that is no longer in use. He has only come to realise this a couple of days ago (not had long with the phone). He wants to use his 'proper' account as it is synced with everything. I understand that in order to start using the new one he has to do a hard reset and start from the initial set up, however he has downloaded quite a few apps that he has paid for and does not want to lose them. Is there any hope of transferring apps over to the other account? or can he use two accounts at the same time? i.e set up his proper account as his main one, but have his old one as a secondary account??? As Im purchasing a 1520 next month id be interested to know this to or if there's anyway in which he can make this work.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!!
    04-22-2014 11:54 AM
    you need an xbox for this
    Log on to your Xbox 360
    Go to Settings and select Account
    Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.
    Select Microsoft account
    If you already have another Microsoft account, select Yes, otherwise create a Microsoft Account
    Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in
    Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in
    Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account
    And Finally, Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish
    These are the steps that I took to transfer phone contacts to another Microsoft account. I did not have two existing accounts though and do not know how it will work in your exact scenario.

One caveat, you will have to redownload all content manually. When you go to the store, the buttons will still say buy, but once you tap them it will provide a message to the effect of "You have previously purchased this already, do you wish to download?" you will not be charged again.
    gkrew likes this.
    04-22-2014 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply

I have an xbox account but my dad does not. so if i was to follow the steps you outlined above wouldn't that effect my account?

my account on xbox live is synced with all my stuff. if i was to bring my dads one as a second one will that simply take over my account?
    04-22-2014 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the reply

I have an xbox account but my dad does not. so if i was to follow the steps you outlined above wouldn't that effect my account?

my account on xbox live is synced with all my stuff. if i was to bring my dads one as a second one will that simply take over my account?
    yes! it would..!! it will take over all your points and stuff and just switch it to your dads account
    you have to log in to xbox using your dads previous email id to change it to the new one!
    04-22-2014 01:36 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Yesterday, I updated my phone from windows phone 8 to windows phone 8.1. Everything was going just fine when the phone got blacked out. To make it back to normal, I reset the phone to the factory settings. When it booted up, I made the standard configuration on the phone (setting the time...), and when I'm in the set up of my accout, it always says that there is some kind of error, but the error code doesn't appear... I'm desperate because, as you know, I can't syncronize my pic's, my contacts and I can't download anything from the store. My phone is a Lumia 920. Please help me...
    04-22-2014 02:51 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Yesterday, I updated my phone from windows phone 8 to windows phone 8.1. Everything was going just fine when the phone got blacked out. To make it back to normal, I reset the phone to the factory settings. When it booted up, I made the standard configuration on the phone (setting the time...), and when I'm in the set up of my accout, it always says that there is some kind of error, but the error code doesn't appear... I'm desperate because, as you know, I can't syncronize my pic's, my contacts and I can't download anything from the store. My phone is a Lumia 920. Please help me...
    Reset it again :D
    04-22-2014 03:06 PM
    I have been a long time user of all things windows - have the 920, windows desktop, surface, laptop, the lot. Had bought into windows completely and spend a fortune with Microsoft.. music, videos, you name it. No more. Microsoft are headed down a path of use Microsoft and nothing else or we'll make your life hard. I have had nothing but problems in the last 2 months with syncing and connecting anything that is not linked to the Microsoft account. Total shambles at Microsoft and I actually hate the fact they have forced me to look to Apple. The account issues are really not worth the trouble and its a major shame that Microsoft feel they have to restrict so many services and make it hard for consumers.

Anyone want a Lumia 920 and surface?
    04-22-2014 03:56 PM
    well enjoy ;)
    04-22-2014 04:06 PM
    well enjoy ;)
    I very much doubt I will enjoy - I &^*^%$ hate Apple - but at this present moment with Microsoft all over the place they are the lesser of 2 evils. I guess there is Linux :(
    04-22-2014 04:50 PM
    I very much doubt I will enjoy - I &^*^%$ hate Apple - but at this present moment with Microsoft all over the place they are the lesser of 2 evils. I guess there is Linux :(
    or stick with microsoft :P because more or less google is the same! actually it's more :P :P
    04-22-2014 04:52 PM