Internet sharing off, network still shows

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
On my Lumia Icon upgraded to WP 8.1, I have Internet Sharing turned off, but I still see shared network on my Lumia 2520.

Is there something magical happening between the Lumias? I do not see the network on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia Icon upgraded to WP 8.1, I have Internet Sharing turned off, but I still see shared network on my Lumia 2520.

Is there something magical happening between the Lumias? I do not see the network on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

You can try this. Change the broadcast name and see if it reflects in your other devices. In that way you can understand wether sharing is still active or not

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

incubusdrives

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can see this as well on my 1520 and my Surface Pro. I turned off Bluetooth and changed the SSID and I can still connect to it. I checked the settings on the phone and it says it is off but when a client connects to it then it switches on.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I can see this as well on my 1520 and my Surface Pro. I turned off Bluetooth and changed the SSID and I can still connect to it. I checked the settings on the phone and it says it is off but when a client connects to it then it switches on.
Can be a bug as many users are facing similar issues. Use this thread Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/274574.htm 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon