Would like to go back to WP8.0

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
First off I love the 8.1 dev preview and I understood the risks of installing it on my 920. However, the battery drain is really bad. I did two hard resets (one from a backup and one without). And this time I disabled Cortana and a number of other options. But still, in a matter of 4 hours my battery is half drained - and just doing typical things I have always done. Back on 8.0 the same time interval and workload would have maybe used 10%.

Normally I'd just deal with it since I can drop it on my wireless charger, but headed across seas for a couple week and will need to use maps, translator, take lots of pictures, etc. So I would love not to have to have to carry a usb battery around every day - but can do if that's my only option. Other than to report my experience with the battery issues, I'm curious if something like Nokia's Software Recovery Tool can get one back to 8.0. I've never used it, so not sure if it works with devices images, etc. Am I SOL on that front?

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You got it. The software recovery tool relays an update but would be in your case a reversion to the current stable build for your 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon