Why dont MS make app locker and message lockers.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
They should make it..Because people want privacy for their messages and specific apps like whats app,photo hub lock....etc..
If one wants privacy then it can be achieved with lock screen password. Unless one knows the password to the device, they wont be able to access the private information.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If one wants privacy then it can be achieved with lock screen password. Unless one knows the password to the device, they wont be able to access the private information.

I think the reason why would be if you had kids. This way they can let the kids play games but keep the stuff like personal emails and stuff hidden from prying eyes....

sagar_23

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I think the reason why would be if you had kids. This way they can let the kids play games but keep the stuff like personal emails and stuff hidden from prying eyes....

Seriously? Kids Corner??

what if some of your friends ask for your phone, would you open up YOUR kids corner??

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
As far as App Locker is concerned, I think app developers should make password protected apps. But, MS should think of protecting messages by providing some inbuilt lock/hide features.
I hope people don't defend MS here :p

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does from any angle screen password and app locker sound same or provide the same features??

There we go...you said it...app locker. Now this depends on the developers to implement which I believe some of them already have. I would seriously not enable something like out of box for the OS if I were MS, but if needed could open it up for developers to tweak, the way Android does...but ohh well this is going the wrong way...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as App Locker is concerned, I think app developers should make password protected apps. But, MS should think of protecting messages by providing some inbuilt lock/hide features.
I hope people don't defend MS here :p

Let me give you a scenario, in an enterprise environment (now I say enterprise because I know the content on my work machine is something I fear of sharing or is plain prohibited to share with others), when I unlock my machine I use network login credentials to by pass the windows login. Imagine if I have to open Visual Studio for development it asks me for a password, or Outlook to check my emails it asks me for password, or heck My Computer (explorer) it asks me for password again! (see what I am trying to get to?) User experience goes kaput if this is functionality even exists.

Now if you trusted your friends or the people you share your phone with, you wouldn't be asking this question here. If there is something you want to show you can always add it to the kids corner and it works well, swipe lock screen, enter password and give it to the person to check whatever he/she wants to check with access limited to only that application.?

And about defending MS, no one should and even if they do its their opinion. This is a discussion thread so every ones opinion should be respected including every one posting here. 😉

sagar_23

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
There we go...you said it...app locker. Now this depends on the developers to implement which I believe some of them already have. I would seriously not enable something like out of box for the OS if I were MS, but if needed could open it up for developers to tweak, the way Android does...but ohh well this is going the wrong way...

I wish some one hear us.. and help us with an app lock ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster