Why dont MS make app locker and message lockers.
    04-28-2014 11:28 AM
    They already made that, it's called lock screen password
    04-28-2014 11:29 AM
    I mean...Password for specific apps...and message hub lock.
    04-28-2014 11:32 AM
    I mean...Password for specific apps...and message hub lock.
    ​And why do you think they should do that?
    04-28-2014 11:57 AM
    They should make it..Because people want privacy for their messages and specific apps like whats app,photo hub lock....etc..
    04-28-2014 12:05 PM
    They should make it..Because people want privacy for their messages and specific apps like whats app,photo hub lock....etc..
    If one wants privacy then it can be achieved with lock screen password. Unless one knows the password to the device, they wont be able to access the private information.
    04-28-2014 01:39 PM
    If one wants privacy then it can be achieved with lock screen password. Unless one knows the password to the device, they wont be able to access the private information.
    I think the reason why would be if you had kids. This way they can let the kids play games but keep the stuff like personal emails and stuff hidden from prying eyes....
    04-28-2014 04:54 PM
    Sounds like a good reason to use Kids Corner
    Geddeeee likes this.
    04-28-2014 05:13 PM
    I think the reason why would be if you had kids. This way they can let the kids play games but keep the stuff like personal emails and stuff hidden from prying eyes....
    Kids corner does that already
    04-28-2014 05:22 PM
    Kids corner does that already
    Oh, seen it there, but never tried it. My youngest child is 30.. ;)
    04-28-2014 07:20 PM
    Oh, seen it there, but never tried it. My youngest child is 30.. ;)
    You can rename it.. Call it Adult's Corner.
    oditius and pankaj981 like this.
    04-29-2014 08:42 AM

Seriously? Kids Corner??

what if some of your friends ask for your phone, would you open up YOUR kids corner??
    05-05-2014 01:15 PM
    They already made that, it's called lock screen password

Does from any angle screen password and app locker sound same or provide the same features??
    05-05-2014 01:19 PM
    As far as App Locker is concerned, I think app developers should make password protected apps. But, MS should think of protecting messages by providing some inbuilt lock/hide features.
    I hope people don't defend MS here :-P
    05-05-2014 02:30 PM
    Does from any angle screen password and app locker sound same or provide the same features??

There we go...you said it...app locker. Now this depends on the developers to implement which I believe some of them already have. I would seriously not enable something like out of box for the OS if I were MS, but if needed could open it up for developers to tweak, the way Android does...but ohh well this is going the wrong way...
    05-06-2014 11:08 PM
    As far as App Locker is concerned, I think app developers should make password protected apps. But, MS should think of protecting messages by providing some inbuilt lock/hide features.
    I hope people don't defend MS here :-P
    Let me give you a scenario, in an enterprise environment (now I say enterprise because I know the content on my work machine is something I fear of sharing or is plain prohibited to share with others), when I unlock my machine I use network login credentials to by pass the windows login. Imagine if I have to open Visual Studio for development it asks me for a password, or Outlook to check my emails it asks me for password, or heck My Computer (explorer) it asks me for password again! (see what I am trying to get to?) User experience goes kaput if this is functionality even exists.

Now if you trusted your friends or the people you share your phone with, you wouldn't be asking this question here. If there is something you want to show you can always add it to the kids corner and it works well, swipe lock screen, enter password and give it to the person to check whatever he/she wants to check with access limited to only that application.?

And about defending MS, no one should and even if they do its their opinion. This is a discussion thread so every ones opinion should be respected including every one posting here. 😉
    oditius likes this.
    05-06-2014 11:22 PM
    There we go...you said it...app locker. Now this depends on the developers to implement which I believe some of them already have. I would seriously not enable something like out of box for the OS if I were MS, but if needed could open it up for developers to tweak, the way Android does...but ohh well this is going the wrong way...

I wish some one hear us.. and help us with an app lock ;)
    05-08-2014 02:30 PM