Hi just wondering if anyone out there knows when the official update release date is available, i read it was this April now i read that its coming in the summer, was also wondering if its the summer is it worth me getting the developers preview on my lumia 820, and is it safe to use.
    04-28-2014 01:52 PM
    Hi just wondering if anyone out there knows when the official update release date is available, i read it was this April now i read that its coming in the summer, was also wondering if its the summer is it worth me getting the developers preview on my lumia 820, and is it safe to use.
    Hey, there's is no official date :) people are even saying somewhere in june :/ I would just hold onto a summer arrival date lol.. You can update to 8.1 just check all the threads :)
    04-28-2014 01:56 PM
    Careful though, it'll void your warranty with your carrier and with Nokia. My wife just upgraded from an iPhone4 to a 1020, I installed the 8.1 update to make the transition for her easier. Now she's having an issue with the camera taking pictures all night long when it's plugged in charging (stuck button maybe? dunno). Anyway, both Rogers and Nokia confirmed to me that installing the update leaves me screwed. Even if the problem is hardware specific.
    04-28-2014 05:02 PM
    There was also a way to put it back, so do that and try again....
    04-28-2014 05:08 PM
    Take it to a Microsoft Store or to you're local rogers store. Highly doubt that they will look at what OS it is running. T-Mobile took my mothers 925 and didn't ask questions and sent her a new one.
    04-28-2014 05:41 PM
    Careful though, it'll void your warranty with your carrier and with Nokia. My wife just upgraded from an iPhone4 to a 1020, I installed the 8.1 update to make the transition for her easier. Now she's having an issue with the camera taking pictures all night long when it's plugged in charging (stuck button maybe? dunno). Anyway, both Rogers and Nokia confirmed to me that installing the update leaves me screwed. Even if the problem is hardware specific.
    Use Nokia Software for Retail and reset it back to WP8.0 and then see if the issue is still prevalent. If there is a problem, take it back to Nokia for repairs under warranty:-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-29-2014 12:22 PM
    AT&T informed me it did not
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    04-29-2014 01:30 PM
    Use Nokia Software for Retail and reset it back to WP8.0 and then see if the issue is still prevalent. If there is a problem, take it back to Nokia for repairs under warranty:-)
    How does that work exactly ? I used the preview for GDR3 and downloaded ( last October ) but wasn't sure that I wanted it, it was kinda buggy at first. I then plugged into NSU and it said there was an update available, it was Amber 3043.0000.1326.0017 which was the same as I had on my phone already -so what the heck I downloaded it and I still had GDR3... I think you mean something else don't you, maybe Nokia Recovery Tool or Care Suite ? because NSU doesn't do it.
    04-29-2014 04:40 PM
    Vodafone Australia blog has
    WP8.1 expected testing late May/early June
    Software Update Weekly Wrap - 24th April 2014 - Vodafone Community - 332933

Preivew works great on my 820, looks like installing it gave me at least 2 months less anxiety.
    04-29-2014 05:58 PM
    How does that work exactly ? I used the preview for GDR3 and downloaded ( last October ) but wasn't sure that I wanted it, it was kinda buggy at first. I then plugged into NSU and it said there was an update available, it was Amber 3043.0000.1326.0017 which was the same as I had on my phone already -so what the heck I downloaded it and I still had GDR3... I think you mean something else don't you, maybe Nokia Recovery Tool or Care Suite ? because NSU doesn't do it.
    Its the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It will tell you its going to load the same software as is already on the phone, if you are running 8.1 DP it cant do that because its not available on Nokias servers. You will get a clean install of WP8 (Black). I have gone back to WP8 on both my 1020 and 1520 using this method
    oditius and ven07 like this.
    04-30-2014 01:53 AM
    Its the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It will tell you its going to load the same software as is already on the phone, if you are running 8.1 DP it cant do that because its not available on Nokias servers. You will get a clean install of WP8 (Black). I have gone back to WP8 on both my 1020 and 1520 using this method
    Is this the fix in NSU ? because I can't find a valid link to Nokia Software Recovery Tool -all the ones listed on WPC end up saying Error 404

Or this at Nokia, a 0: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/software-recovery/
    04-30-2014 12:38 PM
    Is this the fix in NSU ? because I can't find a valid link to Nokia Software Recovery Tool -all the ones listed on WPC end up saying Error 404

Or this at Nokia, a 0: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/software-recovery/

Have a look here http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/s...lInstaller.exe
    That's the one I used
    Mr Lebowski likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:38 PM
    heard from a Nokia Wholesaler yesterday.
    he said, WP8.1 is already been distributed to the Nokia Care Centers in India. but they are not making it public until the 630 launch i.e. 22nd May in India.
    he received this info from the company itself while their meeting in last week. thus, we can expect official 8.1 release in India by this month-end.
    05-05-2014 04:38 AM
    Take it to a Microsoft Store or to you're local rogers store. Highly doubt that they will look at what OS it is running. T-Mobile took my mothers 925 and didn't ask questions and sent her a new one.
    Exactly. Most people who work at these places have no clue. Although, the MS Store is more likely to look at it before doing a return. But they are also more likely to not care that your os is an early 8.1. I once was in there with my surface pro which was still under warranty, but my keyboard was from my surface RT and was out of warranty. I had a small issue with the keyboard, the MS Store guy just gave me a brand new type cover 2, that was an awesome day.
    05-06-2014 03:11 AM
    heard from a Nokia Wholesaler yesterday.
    he said, WP8.1 is already been distributed to the Nokia Care Centers in India. but they are not making it public until the 630 launch i.e. 22nd May in India.
    he received this info from the company itself while their meeting in last week. thus, we can expect official 8.1 release in India by this month-end.
    What does that have to do with installing the update? We don't get updates from 'care centers'. They get pushed out by the carriers. Even once officially released, some phones/networks won't get the update for a month or so after everyone else. (at least from past experiences) This time it's suppose to be faster.
    05-06-2014 03:13 AM
    What does that have to do with installing the update? We don't get updates from 'care centers'. They get pushed out by the carriers. Even once officially released, some phones/networks won't get the update for a month or so after everyone else. (at least from past experiences) This time it's suppose to be faster.
    there is a different scenario in India. In India, there is no concept called Carriers as phones are completely independent from the carriers. thus, ways for updating is OTA, update through NSU by yourself or through Care Center. Care Centers do it for free for those handsets which are in warranty, and is a very commonly used by noobs and all those who are not interested in taking efforts and risking the installation process hurdles.
    05-06-2014 07:52 AM
    I have updated from wp8 to wp8.1 in lumia 520
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    you mean i can go to Nokia Care Centre is india and get updated to wp 8.1 ? am currently on wp8.1 developer preview
    06-02-2014 04:59 AM
    you mean i can go to Nokia Care Centre is india and get updated to wp 8.1 ? am currently on wp8.1 developer preview
    yes u can. after official launch.
    06-02-2014 07:42 AM
    I have updated from wp8 to wp8.1 in lumia 520
    u mean upgraded to wp 8.1 dev preview, correct?
    welcome to the new world man. i hope u like it.
    06-02-2014 07:43 AM
    I have a 820 with the developer WP8.1 and its great,
    Because you can save the apps on the SD card sometimes they dont work or dont update like whatsapp ( but just copy it back to phone memory and its oke)

I do believe its save to use (got it up and running for serveral weeks)
    07-05-2014 05:14 PM
    We don't need to have developers preview to install the update,do we? It says it will void the warranty if we get the dp.
    07-06-2014 01:17 AM
    We don't need to have developers preview to install the update,do we? It says it will void the warranty if we get the dp.
    no it wont avoid your warranty. cuz i went to Nokia Care with WP 8.1 developer preview, they took my phone and gave me after 2 days with windows phone 8 amber. they don't care which version you are using. and it doesn't matter you have dev preview or not for official wp8.1. you can install it using dev preview also.
    Anuja Rajurkar likes this.
    07-06-2014 03:54 AM
    I feel Lumia 930 and Win 8.1 will arrive hand in hand. At least in India.
    07-06-2014 11:22 AM