I know there have been a disconcerting number of similar threads over the last few years, but as they all seem to share a disconcerting tailing off without any reported resolution, I thought I'd start a new thread on this. After months of uninterrupted service, one of my email accounts has stopped functioning properly. Its a Verizon Pop3 account. I first noticed it when an attachment would be stuck downloading and never arrive. When I went into the settings and tried to refresh them, it got caught in an endless syncing loop. I was getting 80004005 errors. Also 80072F30 errors. The strange thing is that I also have a Verizon sub-account working fine on the phone, with the same settings? But the other account is under a different password.

When you let WP8.1 set up your Verizon Pop3 account, it pulls these server settings: "incoming.verizon.net:110:0" and "outgoing.verizon.net:25:0"

But this is what Verizon says the settings should be (and these work on my desktops): "incoming,verizon.net (at port 995)" and "smtp.verizon.net (at port 465)".

I have tried manually configuring the faulty account, but there's no separate way to add the port addresses. So I also tried switching the 110 for 995 and the 25 for 465 and nothing seems to be working. It seems like stuff occasionally comes in and out of the faulty account, but not regularly. I figure I could do a hard reset on the phone, but everything else is humming.
    05-01-2014 11:56 PM
    Gee and all these years Verizon tried to make me think I was the only one lol. And then blame Time Warner and the issue continues over multiple phones.
    05-02-2014 06:49 PM