Can Microsoft Surface Calculator App be Installed on Nokia 920?

pmillen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not especially fond of the Microsoft Surface calculator because it takes the entire screen rather than just a pop-up on top of the current document. Yet it would be very useful on my Nokia 920 Windows phone, especially the converter component (it has three components, Standard, Scientific and Converter). I don't see it offered on any sites selling apps.

How can I get it onto my Windows phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Check out unit converters on the store, Calculator^2 is a good app for calcs.

Also, do you know that you can rotate the phone in the calc app to bring more functionality based on which way you rotate the phone?

pmillen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, do you know that you can rotate the phone in the calc app to bring more functionality based on which way you rotate the phone?

Yeah, I get standard and scientific, based on portrait or landscape. I'm really looking for converter functionality. I passed on Calculator 2. I'll keep looking.

I was wondering if I could copy and paste the calculator via the USB cord.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you know about the Unit Converter app by Microsoft? I assume that's what you mean by converter functionality.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
there are a bunch
MS has its own, there's one I have called Measures Mate...
there is a lot of these, you just have to look

pmillen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
there is a lot of these, you just have to look

Yeah, I found more when I searched on Unit Converter. I'm still looking. It's difficult to determine by reading the descriptions if they have my common conversions. I may have to buy some to see. The one on my Surface tablet is perfect for me.

Since apps are sold it's probably neither legal nor possible to copy them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss