my 520 after update to windows phone 8.1.. HELP PLEASE.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20140509_0003.png

wp_ss_20140509_0004.png

it happens such everytime i go back to my homescreen. Some times at the lockscreen after typing in my password the phone takes around 1minute to open the start screen. I have tried hard reset multiple times but still no change .

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 66196

View attachment 66197

it happens such everytime i go back to my homescreen. Some times at the lockscreen after typing in my password the phone takes around 1minute to open the start screen. I have tried hard reset multiple times but still no change .

Hard Reset without restoring your backup. It helps removing all the lag. Take screenshots of your start screen if you want to preserve it. Take note of what apps you have installed. After reset, go to store>my apps>select the apps you want to reinstall and tap download and sit back and relax as you get a brand new, fast and lag free phone.

Also, try removing the Cortana tile to see if it helps.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It is normal behaviour, dnt wry... After cyan update the is will perform much better.... I also faced this issue many times... Hard reset didn't help so I used too of this issue...

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine is working fully and buttery smooth after I reset and DID NOT RESTORE BACKUP! This is not the normal behavior and can be fixed. Also my battery improved from 12 hours to 18 hours.
A CLEAN INSTALL IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED!
Follow what I told you.

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
in my 720, every time I come out of a game, start menu icons go blank.. will try reset and get back to you..
btw that's one ugly start screen :D :evil:

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working fully and buttery smooth after I reset and DID NOT RESTORE BACKUP! This is not the normal behavior and can be fixed. Also my battery improved from 12 hours to 18 hours.
A CLEAN INSTALL IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED!
Follow what I told you.

I had done a clean install with no backup restoration, even then I have this problem, so i think its normal, but it didn't bother me because I get this glitch only 1-2 times a day, so not a big deal for me..... But I must want to say that my battery life seriously goes upto 1.5x from the previous battery backup and that's what I most like about 8.1

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My 520 is extremely laggy and battery life has dropped nearly in half since installing 8.1. I am hoping that the official release with hardware updates will help.
I have not tried a hard reset and am curious what it means to not do a backup restore. Is it just that I'll have to recreate my start screen from scratch and reinstall all purchased apps (that I still want)? that is not too bad ): Oh, how do you execute a hard reset?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
My 520 is extremely laggy and battery life has dropped nearly in half since installing 8.1. I am hoping that the official release with hardware updates will help.
I have not tried a hard reset and am curious what it means to not do a backup restore. Is it just that I'll have to recreate my start screen from scratch and reinstall all purchased apps (that I still want)? that is not too bad ): Oh, how do you execute a hard reset?

Go to settings>about, tap on reset.It will happen fast if you first remove music from your phone. The more the music, the more time it takes for the reset. When your phone restarts, you will get the option to restore a backup you created, DO NOT SELECT it for better battery and lag free experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)