[FIXED] Duplicate birthdays in Calendar

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Open calendar.live.com.
Sign in and then go to options from the top right. In the new page there will be a list of available calendars.
Capture.PNG
Click on birthday calendar and then select delete from the top. Now go to your phone and sync your MS account manually in email+accounts.
Now check your phone to make sure only facebook birthdays are showing (if you have them enabled).
If it is so, disable facebook birthdays and again go to calendar.live.com and then click on dropdown button next to "New" on top left and select "Birthday Calendar". A new calendar is generated. Now sync your phone again and all it well.

PS: There's a design "limitation" (because it's just the way facebook implements it's calendars) in this system. Even if your facebook contact and the associated contact have the same name, they don't merge into a single birthday.

How I figured this out is pretty interesting. I looked up FAQ and found how birthdays are added and how they are removed. There were manual methods described and also stated some ways in which they may be automatically generated. The automatic generation happens when a you add a contact, add a birthday to a contact, add facebook to your phone and similar things. So the multiple birthdays are maybe generated due to a phone reset which causes new instances of contacts to be created (remember that when you reset your phone, facebook is not integrated when your MS account syncs) and hence duplicate birthdays.

LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I fixed it myself recently, it was quite annoying

But it wasn't a problem in WP8, i wonder what did they **** up this time

tunrip

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Excellent, thanks for the tip. The important part for me was simply to untick the Facebook birthdays. These seem to have been adding up to two birthdays for the same person!

indieimprint

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have duplicate Facebook birthdays/events in my calendar (2, sometimes 3). How to fix that problem? calendar.live.com does not allow me to delete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99