Help needed!! WhatsApp notifications issue in Windows Phone 8.1 update

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I am facing a weird issue now in my Lumia 920. After I updated to 8.1 latest update today, I only get WhatsApp toast notifications in wi-fi and I don't get any notifications whatsoever in 3G network!

My friends get only one tick on sending me a message in WhatsApp till I open the app and they receive second tick on their messages and I receive them.

Anyone else also facing this issue? Its very annoying and would be thankful if anyone has a solution if any?
Thanks in advance.

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
@Himanshu: I tried reinstalling WhatsApp but of no avail.
But I figured the solution, I noticed that my data sense was off the limit I set, and I reset it.
Miraculously the WhatsApp notifications issue on 3G get resolved! Although there was no info showing data will be restricted in event of data limit crossing and no symbol whatsoever showing data restrictions in force!
That's quite unbecoming of windows phone 8.1 having a raw experience in the unfinished, incomplete data sense feature.
Need some refinement MS!! Are you listening MS?
P.S.: I had switched off background restrictions too btw.

Last edited:

fthdgn

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Guyss..you are so lucky because you succeeded to solve problems. There are thousands of people waiting an update from Whatsapp to solve this notification issue with WP8.1 Preview and I am one of them.. Because of this problem, I had to downgrade my L1520 to WP8 back and waiting that update. I have read some news about WP8.1 Preview update today. Microsoft released a new update yesterday for WP8.1 Preview user and everyone who got the update is saying battery drainage problem and being of phone a bit laggy seem to be solved. I guess that notification problem may be solved with this update. If you are in US, check for new updates in your phone settings..unless, change your location, keyboard and speech language to US and US English to get updates. I am not doing this because I dont want to struggle with all these rubbish. Good luck to everyone. :):grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos