Some features we want extremely from wp 8.1 . Check it out now .

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
ere is what i expect most :

(1)scrloable tiles on noti bar .

(2) easy offline apps (appx.)installing system

(3) file manager .

(4) task manager

(5) orientation mode on startscreenn .

(6) improoved cortana .

(7) side bar system for quick launch on apps .

(8) plz give a media centre named app . It contains All photo , audio, video , xbox music & radio . we can check details of those things & we can easily share through blth , email , nfc etc .

(9) unique interface with every wndspne .mirosoft will launch every wnds phone with unique design . Like unique types of tiles , keypads, contacs & dialers designs etc .

(10) HID support for keyboards.

(11) multiple lockers . Like pattern, voice , face , password , & some simple but unique lockers like android lockers .
What you need is an app that checks your writing so that it's readable. My eyes literally refuse to read that garbled mess of words.
Firstly, why would you want tours on the notification bar? It's not the start screen you know...
(2) How would you be able to install apps offline? Should the phone read your mind and cache some apps for you?
3) Already exists
4) No need. Close any apps and it is killed. Otherwise, kill background tasks with battery saver
5) what?
6) Cortana BETA
7) and 8) not gonna happen, they've done the opposite
9) Yup, let every phone be completely different. That'll work wonders for sales.
10) Already supports it as I've heard. Probably needs a firmware update
11) Hmm.... Not a bad idea

Last edited:

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Cortana needs to be improoved . She cant tell me the time . & why she does a web search at all time ??

Is it a beta ?

tell me, when you care to press the "speak" button, in all that time cant you simply look at the time above ? Cortana is in beta and obviously they concentrated on the major things first, they can add gimmicks like time later on.
And if she's doing a web search most of the times, you need a hard reset. Some,people did experience this problem when they updated, and it disappeared after a hard reset.

And, you need something like Siri ? Really ? Cortana even in beta is 10 times better than Siri ! Ask anyone here !

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel WP8.1 is now rather complete. I wish:

1. Cell/data toggle on action center

2. Ability to enclose multiple documents to a mail (hope the upcoming file manager will allow it)

3. Some kind of tile interaction would be nice, but difficult to implement.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Seems like that wood be more of a firmware fix than a software fix.

no software only. They just have to make a mode for "only 3g", in cellular. Possibly just as much as writing a line of code like :
IF(celldata="only 3g")
{
(command to use 3g for all network requests);
}
Firmware is for drivers sort of stuff. This is a software bit and can easily come in GRD1 if MS is made aware of the need.

Last edited:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
tell me, when you care to press the "speak" button, in all that time cant you simply look at the time above ? Cortana is in beta and obviously they concentrated on the major things first, they can add gimmicks like time later on.
And if she's doing a web search most of the times, you need a hard reset. Some,people did experience this problem when they updated, and it disappeared after a hard reset.

And, you need something like Siri ? Really ? Cortana even in beta is 10 times better than Siri ! Ask anyone here !

Hard reset not necessary. It's mostly a backend issue.

Also keep in mind that, when she's displaying search results, she will accept ask queries as search results. Just press "back" to get to the landing screen, then try again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If someone is happy to contribute to the community - please translate the OP in English without smoking anything in a sober state.

That would be a pretty difficult task, unless someone here is telepathic - I know I sure ain't P

Needs 3g Only Mode.... This feature is there on basic phones .. dont know why microsoft skipped this.. my battery is draining a lot since 3g signal is quite low in my place and keeps on switch between 3g and 2g .

A 3g only mode would be useless, if its doing that it is because as you already said not enough 3g coverage in your area. So in a 3g only mode, it would spend most of the time going back and forth from 0 coverage to 3g thus you are no better off than before....

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Cortina is bollocks - anywhere outside of the US.
If you've region hacked to get a flavour, that's all you'll get until it is optimised and ultimately released officially for your language and country.
Not exactly sure what your language is so you may have a long wait :wink:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Needs 3g Only Mode.... This feature is there on basic phones .. dont know why microsoft skipped this.. my battery is draining a lot since 3g signal is quite low in my place and keeps on switch between 3g and 2g .

This should already be possible by accessing Field Test. Not sure if it's universal to all carriers, but at least on AT&T (which I acknowledge you might not be on), you can open the phone's dialer, type in ##3282#, which will open up the Field Test screen.

From there, just tap accept > press the three dots in the lower right corner > settings > Network Type > select which type of data network you want your phone to use (a restart /may/ be required for this to start working properly).

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel WP8.1 is now rather complete. I wish:

2. Ability to enclose multiple documents to a mail (hope the upcoming file manager will allow it)

This , its my biggest gripe with WP at the moment , how can you not allow attaching multiple documents for your mail app , also how can I add an attachment non-photo on reply to email !!

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
If they just add Traditional Chinese QWERTY (Pinyin) input it would be nice. We have been waiting only 4 years after all.
The rest is just wishful thinking in my case. I don't expect it to happen before WP Ver. 22, around 2050.

iXesh

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It's possible but, currently windows phone is providing secure facility to user in their phone, may be in future...
Offline installation mean windows phone should have open market,
Which would be danger for our phone and even for developer...
And don't mess, developer know everything which we want, and they will give us via update, we don't need to suggest anything to them....
Just chill and wait....

ErikMvk

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The most important things we need now are:
1) A descent music application, Zune was great, but XBOX Music? Nope. If only PowerAmp would be available for WP :crying:
2) It's just not fair that everytime an app (for example pdf readers or emulators) wants to read an specific type of file, you must upload it to OneDrive, it's just a pain in the a**. Let's be more supportive and incluide a native file explorer.
3) .flac support!! Come on this is not 2005 .mp3 files have a very poor audio quality
4) More applications, we miss tinder, soundcloud, trivia crack, etc.
5) Microsoft MUST establish some contact with whatsapp, it's unbereable how crappy de app is.

However, i love my Lumia 920 and i won't change it for nothing. But if only Windows phone could be available of doing all the things I just mentioned.. it will be a blast.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077