The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-21-2014 06:52 PM
41 12
tools
    ere is what i expect most :

(1)scrloable tiles on noti bar .

(2) easy offline apps (appx.)installing system

(3) file manager .

(4) task manager

(5) orientation mode on startscreenn .

(6) improoved cortana .

(7) side bar system for quick launch on apps .

(8) plz give a media centre named app . It contains All photo , audio, video , xbox music & radio . we can check details of those things & we can easily share through blth , email , nfc etc .

(9) unique interface with every wndspne .mirosoft will launch every wnds phone with unique design . Like unique types of tiles , keypads, contacs & dialers designs etc .

(10) HID support for keyboards.

(11) multiple lockers . Like pattern, voice , face , password , & some simple but unique lockers like android lockers .
    Last edited by Salauddin Ahmed; 05-17-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: updated
    Wadood Shaikh likes this.
    05-16-2014 03:17 AM
    Have u been diagnosed with something man? We already have half what you're suggesting..
    05-16-2014 03:25 AM
    You are linking full blown desktop PC with windows phone which is not possible at moment. You have 3rd party file manager , cortana personal voice assistant , you do have a task manager just long press the back button and you are in multi tasking window, why we need windows defender (windows phone OS is a closes source OS , your data is encrypted and safe ). You have start screen background image for customisation.
    05-16-2014 03:28 AM
    Closed source . But my phone is unlocked .
    05-16-2014 03:37 AM
    Why not possible at this moment ?
    05-16-2014 03:39 AM
    Closed source . But my phone is unlocked .
    I don't get you here ? :)
    Kevin Rush, xandros9 and Guytronic like this.
    05-16-2014 03:40 AM
    Why not possible at this moment ?
    It requires lot of resources and hardware which current smartphones will not able to run.
    Salauddin Ahmed and Guytronic like this.
    05-16-2014 03:41 AM
    I want a FERRARI to listen to my music from my windows phone... ...
    raycpl likes this.
    05-16-2014 03:45 AM
    menu with grid alignment...
    05-16-2014 04:00 AM
    If u want all these things.. Just buy a PC.. Why would a phone need a mouse and keyboard? And what's a locker?
    Last edited by Bashar Awwad; 05-16-2014 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo
    05-16-2014 04:14 AM
    Did u just woke up after 3 years and started using ur WP7 again?? Just to let you know about a secret.. There is a woman inside ur phone now and she can write ur homework if u have been a good boy.. ;))
    05-16-2014 06:21 AM
    wat
    cyborg4 and xandros9 like this.
    05-16-2014 06:25 AM
    Who is this "we" you're talking about?
    05-16-2014 06:34 AM
    My laptop needs some updates to catch up with my phone.
    xandros9 and bijak_riyandi like this.
    05-16-2014 08:20 AM
    Your suggestions are bad and you should feel bad.
    sleeve22 likes this.
    05-16-2014 09:52 AM
    (6) a personal assistant like siri
    Well. I think you are a newcomer!
    We 1) already have a personal Assistant.. 2) She is way better than Siri.. 3) And her name is CORTANA!
    05-17-2014 05:13 AM
    Cortana needs to be improoved . She cant tell me the time . & why she does a web search at all time ??

Is it a beta ?
    05-17-2014 06:47 AM
    Needs 3g Only Mode.... This feature is there on basic phones .. dont know why microsoft skipped this.. my battery is draining a lot since 3g signal is quite low in my place and keeps on switch between 3g and 2g .
    05-17-2014 07:46 AM

(3) file manager .
    (4) task manager

(6) improoved cortana .

(8) plz give a media centre named app . It contains All photo , audio, video , xbox music & radio . we can check details of those things & we can easily share through blth , email , nfc etc
    (9) unique interface with every wndspne .mirosoft will launch every wnds phone with unique design . Like unique types of tiles , keypads, contacs & dialers designs etc .
    (11) multiple lockers . Like pattern, voice , face , password , & some simple but unique lockers like android lockers .
    this sounds like a joke:
    1) what ??
    2) is this android ? Do they want to promote piracy ? The present system is good enough, just needs a "scan sd card for apps" button.
    3) many third party ones already here, official one coming in a few weeks, maybe 2-3 only..
    4) for what, really ? We have a whole system which prevents apps from taking more ram/cpu than they should, what do you need task manager for ? To make your phone like windows xp ? I rarely use task manager even on my win8.1 laptop, it manages memory very well.
    5) kidding ? So you'd have to make a separate layout for horizontal and vertical mode ? And how would you rotate the wide tiles ? Call them long tiles ?
    6) its in beta, and already wayyyyyyyy above siri and google now. Give them time and see what comes up.
    7) not at all like windows. That's android stuff, and in my opinion, just overrated. Try not to close apps on 8.1, and let them stay in the tombstone state. They wont take any cpu, but you can open apps like that pretty well.
    8) i think the photo hub is pretty well, and the nokia storyteller is a great thing too. I dont see any point having to load all media on my phone in the ram to play a song. Simply useless.
    9) good if you want to gift a windows phone to a kid. What would i need a unique dialer for ? Unique tiles ? WHAT ???
    10) i think surface has it. Phone is a phone.
    11) useless gimmicks. Really. I just want picture lock of windows 8 to come to phone, no other one. I like the current one already.
    cyborg4 likes this.
    05-17-2014 07:50 AM
    Needs 3g Only Mode.... This feature is there on basic phones .. dont know why microsoft skipped this.. my battery is draining a lot since 3g signal is quite low in my place and keeps on switch between 3g and 2g .
    Seems like that wood be more of a firmware fix than a software fix.
    05-17-2014 07:50 AM

(3) file manager .

(4) task manager

(6) improoved cortana .

(8) plz give a media centre named app . It contains All photo , audio, video , xbox music & radio . we can check details of those things & we can easily share through blth , email , nfc etc .

What you need is an app that checks your writing so that it's readable. My eyes literally refuse to read that garbled mess of words.
    Firstly, why would you want tours on the notification bar? It's not the start screen you know...
    (2) How would you be able to install apps offline? Should the phone read your mind and cache some apps for you?
    3) Already exists
    4) No need. Close any apps and it is killed. Otherwise, kill background tasks with battery saver
    5) what?
    6) Cortana BETA
    7) and 8) not gonna happen, they've done the opposite
    9) Yup, let every phone be completely different. That'll work wonders for sales.
    10) Already supports it as I've heard. Probably needs a firmware update
    11) Hmm.... Not a bad idea
    Last edited by Ebuka Allison; 05-17-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    cyborg4 likes this.
    05-17-2014 07:52 AM
    Cortana needs to be improoved . She cant tell me the time . & why she does a web search at all time ??

Is it a beta ?
    tell me, when you care to press the "speak" button, in all that time cant you simply look at the time above ? Cortana is in beta and obviously they concentrated on the major things first, they can add gimmicks like time later on.
    And if she's doing a web search most of the times, you need a hard reset. Some,people did experience this problem when they updated, and it disappeared after a hard reset.

And, you need something like Siri ? Really ? Cortana even in beta is 10 times better than Siri ! Ask anyone here !
    Ebuka Allison likes this.
    05-17-2014 07:54 AM
    I feel WP8.1 is now rather complete. I wish:

1. Cell/data toggle on action center

2. Ability to enclose multiple documents to a mail (hope the upcoming file manager will allow it)

3. Some kind of tile interaction would be nice, but difficult to implement.
    05-17-2014 07:55 AM
    Seems like that wood be more of a firmware fix than a software fix.
    no software only. They just have to make a mode for "only 3g", in cellular. Possibly just as much as writing a line of code like :
    IF(celldata="only 3g")
    {
    (command to use 3g for all network requests);
    }
    Firmware is for drivers sort of stuff. This is a software bit and can easily come in GRD1 if MS is made aware of the need.
    Last edited by Saksham Sharma; 05-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    05-17-2014 07:59 AM
    tell me, when you care to press the "speak" button, in all that time cant you simply look at the time above ? Cortana is in beta and obviously they concentrated on the major things first, they can add gimmicks like time later on.
    And if she's doing a web search most of the times, you need a hard reset. Some,people did experience this problem when they updated, and it disappeared after a hard reset.

And, you need something like Siri ? Really ? Cortana even in beta is 10 times better than Siri ! Ask anyone here !
    Hard reset not necessary. It's mostly a backend issue.

Also keep in mind that, when she's displaying search results, she will accept ask queries as search results. Just press "back" to get to the landing screen, then try again.
    05-17-2014 08:04 AM
41 12