WP 8.1 update released in may?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Rumour.

Keep up to date with the WPCentral front page - as soon as they have concrete news regarding a public release date, they'll shout it to the nations.

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering how come MS are releasing WP 8.1 devices in some countries already, but still the OS is in a developer preview.. I suppose the final release would be online sooner than end of May..

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So, the update came out 2 days ago and my 928 hasn't gotten it. I checked through the day yesterday and this morning. I'd like my update please!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So, the update came out 2 days ago and my 928 hasn't gotten it. I checked through the day yesterday and this morning. I'd like my update please!
If you're on 8.0, you need the developer preview app to "unlock" the update. If you've got 8.1 and want the update that came out a couple days ago, make sure you've got the developer preview app setup still. Especially if you've done a wipe after installing 8.1.

If you are on 8.0 and are waiting for the carrier released 8.1, sit back, relax, you'll see it come across the front page when it's announced. Or call and bug your carrier every day until they are able to give you a firm date (you'll probably know from here first!).

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, It's all about "if you're still on DP"? I guess I wasn't after wiping my phone after installing 8.1. Now after reinstalling DP, I got my update! Woohoo!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I am wondering how come MS are releasing WP 8.1 devices in some countries already, but still the OS is in a developer preview.. I suppose the final release would be online sooner than end of May..
They'll ship some devices with 8.1.xxxxx and if in the lead time between a final general release of "8.1" the build changes to 8.1.yyyyy then those earlier devices will just get an update.
Unless the carriers are involved.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I keep seeing dates. But no sources....
Rumours and gossip, that's all. You'll get the usual "I'm sure it'll be on dd/mm/yyyy, but I can't tell you why" cack. But until there's an announcement, anything else is speculation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb