How's the update treating you?

iconata

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have recently updated my phone to the latest 8.1 developer update. All over the forum has been written a ton about bug fixes, battery improvements and so on. Thing is.. I dont see any improvement at all. Since I updated my phone, some features are starting to screw up. For example my battery life hasnt improved at all, like not one single bit.. little usage during the day and i have to recharge the phone every night; the phone lost it's sound from nowhere (no notifications, calls or anything); if i change my ringtone to some other than the default Samsung one, after i restart the device the ringtone is changed.. again.. today my emails and messages went dead.. like frozen.. I have restarded the phone and everything went to normal, but someday I might miss something important, because the phone is "behaving like a teenage girl on her period. I'LL DO WHAT EVER THE EFF I WANT AND I DONT CARE!!". So if you guys have any thoughts on how to fix this, do share. Samsung ativ s is the device, done 3-4 hard resets.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thing is.. I dont see any improvement at all. Since I updated my phone, some features are starting to screw up. For example my battery life hasnt improved at all, like not one single bit.. little usage during the day and i have to recharge the phone every night;
Give it two or three days. Do a trick. Let the phone discharge fully. Charge it upto 100% in a single go. Do a soft reset and let it discharge. Again Charge till 100%. Doing this 1-2 more times should fix the problem. It worked great for me.
the phone lost it's sound from nowhere (no notifications, calls or anything); if i change my ringtone to some other than the default Samsung one, after i restart the device the ringtone is changed.. again.. today my emails and messages went dead.. like frozen.. I have restarded the phone and everything went to normal, but someday I might miss something important, because the phone is "behaving like a teenage girl on her period. I'LL DO WHAT EVER THE EFF I WANT AND I DONT CARE!!". So if you guys have any thoughts on how to fix this, do share. Samsung ativ s is the device, done 3-4 hard resets.
This is weird. I am using it since it came out and never experienced it. I don't know if you can recover WP8 in Samsung devices. If you can, try and then try updating to 8.1 again.
I hope someone with samsung device would be able to help you out.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I put 8.1 on my HTC 8x yesterday. Battery life stinks. Much worse than before. I don't know how I'm going to manage with this depleted battery. Definitely a problem.

Sri Krishna

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have been having problems with my camera after the latest update ( 2nd update for 8.1). The pictures come out very small, less than 40KBs. I have tried camera settings but to no avail. Anyone having the similar problem and any fixes for this?

Thanking everyone in advance. Lumia 1520 here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss