[idea] Unlock a Locked phone [password locked]

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Wont it be good if we could unlock the phone and reset password by the Windows Phone app for PC and verified by logging into Live account or something? It could save our data if someone pranks on our lock screen and makes it to infinity.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Wont it be good if we could unlock the phone and reset password by the Windows Phone app for PC and verified by logging into Live account or something? It could save our data if someone pranks on our lock screen and makes it to infinity.

Yes. I think that's a great idea. I think you can wipe a phone if you have Fine My Phone enabled. I don't know if that in itself would remove locks though.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I think that's a great idea. I think you can wipe a phone if you have Fine My Phone enabled. I don't know if that in itself would remove locks though.

i feel Wiping would reset phone and clear all data and settings. It would be sad if kids try and lock phone ending up in long long time to unlock and we only can WIPE :p
It will help if there is some way to unlock the phone by logging into Live account and reset the password. May be idea is from Droid, but it really helps in such scenarios.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It would be sad if kids try and lock phone ending up in long long time to unlock and we only can WIPE :p

A few master resets and POOF, the kiddies probably won't be playing with the phone anymore. I like the idea, but useless to me as I don't use a password on my phone. Grandkids know not to play with my phone, unless they ask and I am there. But I have a couple cheap older droids I keep around for the kids to play with. If you do a search, there is a thread, or a place on MS to suggest new ideas, find it and give it a try. They do listen, might take a while, but if they like it, it will become a reality...

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
A few master resets and POOF, the kiddies probably won't be playing with the phone anymore. I like the idea, but useless to me as I don't use a password on my phone. Grandkids know not to play with my phone, unless they ask and I am there. But I have a couple cheap older droids I keep around for the kids to play with. If you do a search, there is a thread, or a place on MS to suggest new ideas, find it and give it a try. They do listen, might take a while, but if they like it, it will become a reality...

Added a suggestion Recover a password locked phone with Live account Login or PC App for Windows Phone – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone Please vote if you like

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon