Windows Phone to be cheaper from now,
    Miscrosoft has made Windows free for Devices smaller than 9 inches.

Microsoft making Windows free on devices with screens under 9 inches | The Verge

We'l see more cheaper phones which have good hardware.
    Nokia already launched Lumia 630 in India which is much cheaper than the sibling 620.
    Dual sim 630 Costs Rs 11,500 ($191) and 620 costs Rs.13,000 Approx ($216) which is old device.

Same way the Lumia 930 will be introduced alot cheaper.
    Thinking of picking up 630 for my dad itself.

Good times for windows phone fans.
    05-26-2014 08:41 AM
    Don't compare 620 to 630, its a way more feature packed phone. Only thing to let it down is its battery...
    But 630 is really good compared to 520 and considering nokia introduced it at 11k we cld see it dropped to 9k or thereabouts soon.
    05-26-2014 09:41 AM
    BUILD 2014 was in April, when this was announced.

Lumia 630 is a cheap device, sure, but it is missing quite a few features compared to Lumia 620. It will be interesting to see what new OEMs come up with.
    05-26-2014 09:45 AM
    Its not missing many features, and I'm not talking through feature price point.

Point is that the New Windows Phones will be much cheaper, as MS has shelved and made Windows free for 9 inch Less devices.

When the older Windows Phones where launched the OEMs had to pay a certain amount to MS to sell their phones,
    but now a BOLD move by MS is not only attracting new OEMs to play with Windows Phones but also build a phone which is cheaper now.
    05-27-2014 01:48 AM
    It will make them cheaper yes, but that will be more evident in the non nokia/ms phones.
    And the features missing in the 630 are big cos its still not a huge step up from 520(in fact a better display and battery is the only thing going for it). And considering the fact that 520 is over a year old now and android phones even from major manufacturers (last years xperia M is a good example) are not skipping on features and have a gig of ram in the same price bracket, its a big blow to 630 as its no longer as good a VFM proposition as the 620 and 520 were.
    05-27-2014 04:05 AM
    I dunno why all talk about RAM RAM RAM.
    Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 is optimized in such a way that it should run smooth even on less RAM phones.
    WP was never about high RAM requirement,
    Android requires higher Ram cause it phones lagg alot, but i have'nt seen a 520 lagg like android phones lagged.
    iPhone 5 has 512 Ram too, i dont see them complaining ?

The bold move by MS to make the OS to run on low spec'd hardware made Google to follow MS's footsteps, android 4.4 was developed to battle the 520.

Ask Yourself how many times have you used a Front Facing Cam ?
    I agree about the lack of flash, but thats it.

Your getting better processor,bigger and better screen a GG3,has a FM and Dual SIM which 620 lacked,rest is all good.
    the 630 is the new 520.

In some days the prices will drop for 630, it will be a steal.

I dont want to compare 620 and 630, All i want to say is that MS has made windows free for 9 Inch less devices and the Windows Phones will get cheaper this year.
    05-27-2014 05:05 AM
    iPhone 5 has 512 Ram too
    It's hard to have a proper discussion if you're going to pull facts out of thin air.

First off, it is old news that Microsoft has made Windows free for devices with screen sizes less than 9 inches. That's part of their Internet of Things vision.

Secondly, we have yet to see a device that takes advantage of the "free" OS. Lumia 630 is cheaper than Lumia 620 not because WP is free, but because it doesn't have the same features. Lumia 630 is the successor to 520, not 620.
    05-27-2014 06:54 AM
    I dunno why all talk about RAM RAM RAM.
    Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 is optimized in such a way that it should run smooth even on less RAM phones.
    WP was never about high RAM requirement,
    Android requires higher Ram cause it phones lagg alot, but i have'nt seen a 520 lagg like android phones lagged.
    iPhone 5 has 512 Ram too, i dont see them complaining ?

The bold move by MS to make the OS to run on low spec'd hardware made Google to follow MS's footsteps, android 4.4 was developed to battle the 520.

Ask Yourself how many times have you used a Front Facing Cam ?
    I agree about the lack of flash, but thats it.
    Your getting better processor,bigger and better screen a GG3,has a FM and Dual SIM which 620 lacked,rest is all good.
    the 630 is the new 520.

In some days the prices will drop for 630, it will be a steal.

I dont want to compare 620 and 630, All i want to say is that MS has made windows free for 9 Inch less devices and the Windows Phones will get cheaper this year.
    Bcos of the ram restrictions on the os means that a lot of the apps don't run on 512mb ram devices. Microsoft might say it don't need 1gb ram for wp to run smooth but they are not able to convince the devs to go that extra mile and optimize apps for 512mb devices which android has no problem with.
    Also on 512mb ram devices like mine there is too much of the resuming screen when suspended apps in the background.
    And u say the processor on 630 is better? And I say its wasted, its let down by the ram and endsup giving u the same perfomence of 620 and 520.
    Also u got to consider the lack of sensors and a camera button(not missed by all) which are available even in the basic smart phones today.
    I am just saying that releasing this phone a whole year after 620 it skips a lot and at present there are a lot of better alternatives.
    05-27-2014 08:28 AM